Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group
Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group is the award winning owner and operator of some of the most luxurious hotels, resorts and residences located in prime destinations around the world.
Increasingly recognized for creating some of the world s most sought-after properties, the Group provides 21st century luxury with oriental charm. Above all, Mandarin Oriental is renowned for creating unique hotels through distinctive design and a strong sense of place, luxury hotels right for their time and place.
Mandarin Oriental, Doha
Mandarin Oriental, Doha is an intimate and stylish urban retreat, blending Qatari-influenced heritage with modern design. Located in the heart of Msheireb Downtown Doha, within walking distance to Souq Waqif, Museum of Islamic Art and a short distance to the business district, West Bay.
At Mandarin Oriental, Doha we welcome colleagues with the passion to deliver the best service and exceed our guest s expectations.
• Oversee all operational and administrative aspects of Liang as appropriate and be able to prioritise the required level of engagement in both areas depending on business volumes and other related parameters.
• Enforce and monitor that all operational standards, as per our policies, SOP and quality measures are in place at all times.
• Create and maintain a great synergy in Liang to assure maximum efficiency.
• Supervise the maintenance and cleanliness of the restaurants at all times and carry out monthly or more frequent walk-throughs with the respective engineering and housekeeping colleagues and follow up accordingly on the produced reports to achieve an immaculate environment.
• Work closely with the respective Chef de Cuisine to plan menus, prices and promotional events for the restaurants in order to maximize revenue generating opportunities in line with market demands.
• Ensure that reservations are managed well within the outlet and seating capacities are effectively maximised.
• Constantly identify areas for improvement in service and food and beverage quality by reviewing various service quality audit reports, guest comment cards and guest incident reports, and formulate action plans accordingly, also in cooperation with the respective Chef de Cuisine.
• Observe all aspects of the business forecasts and plan effectively to make most efficient arrangements for manpower, equipment and supplies accordingly.
• Ensure accuracy of all menus: current, spelled correctly, clean and presentable and ascertain menu descriptions are up to date and distributed appropriately.
• Maintain solid records of all Annual Leave and Public Holiday clearance and assure none are accumulated within the outlet.
• Maintain a clear overview of all IG point of sales related set ups and carry out regular check on accuracy of all items.
• Monitor the monthly P&L and carry out regular detailed analysis of outlet related financial information.
• Follow all procedures, policies and practices with regard to the Jardine accounting related requirements for F&B outlets.
• Provide leadership, direction and support to all Restaurant colleagues at any time.
• Train, evaluate and schedule all colleagues in accordance with the applicable standards, policies and as per the overall business requirements.
• Ensure that Mandarin Oriental, Doha s grooming and appearance standards are implemented and maintained at all times to reflect an image of professionalism and care.
• Prepare a weekly roster to schedule all colleagues effectively to maintain the service standards of Mandarin Oriental while operating within budgeted labour cost guidelines and headcounts, depending on the business volume.
• Conduct counselling and disciplinary action as appropriate in accordance with Mandarin Oriental, Doha s procedures.
• Encourage proactive, efficient and effective inter-departmental communication within and beyond the F&B division in order to promote a climate of teamwork and enthusiasm.
• Plan and execute special promotional activities for the outlets and plan for festive season events related to the outlet.
• Degree or Higher National Diploma in Hospitality/Hotel/Business Management is preferred.
• Experience as restaurant manager in a high-volume restaurant with highest levels of service is preferred.
• A minimum of 5 years of experience working in a 5-star hotel environment, including 2 years in Food & Beverage.
• International work experience in at least two of the following regions: Asia, Europe, North America and preferably