• Must be a U.S. Citizen with a current, valid U. S. Passport and Driver s License
• An active U.S. Secret Clearance is required with currently active clearances preferred, but can process new clearances for qualified candidates
• Primary Location : United Arab Emirates - Al Dhafra Air Base
• 100% Overseas Assignment
• Must have a minimum of five years of design experience and a minimum of two years of project management experience . Knowledge of principles of engineering, planning, project programming, ability to interpret plans and drawings. Capable of working as a team, using AutoCAD 2012 or newer versions, providing designs, preparing drawings, statements of work, AF Form 66 submittals and project cost estimates.
The Civil Engineer (CM) is responsible for providing complete design assistance services including preparation of civil site work drawings and water/sewer designs. Work location is Al Dhafra Air Base (Abu Dhabi, UAE). Meals and lodging are provided.
Major Job Activities:
• Shall provide technical writing, complete design assistance services including preparation of civil site work drawings and water/sewer designs based on existing local utilities and facility load and use.
• Assists in preparing conceptual studies and sketches that indicate pertinent design features, material, equipment, and specifications for Site Survey Services, Investigative/Design Services, Solicitations, Project Management and Submittal Review.
• Shall compile and integrate work of other disciplines into the project design documentation.
• Shall attend meetings as required for projects or investigative/project development taskings, and exercise, safety, and force protection meetings as required.
• Shall be responsible for selected construction inspections, quality control, submittal reviews beyond the expertise of construction managers, and may travel to areas in the local area outside of the military installation to verify design requirements and quality of work being performed.
• Responsible for following a comprehensive quality and safety program in compliance with OSHA and United States Air Force (USAF) requirements.
• Responsible for following a comprehensive, flexible, and properly documented training program.
• Responsible for maintaining a safe, clean, sanitary, healthy, presentable, professional atmosphere, free of dust, clutter and trash in all working facilities and areas.
• Responsible for proper utilization and safeguarding of all government and contractor provided property (e.g., to include government facilities, equipment and tools).
• Responsible for precise execution of company time reporting procedures and accurate completion of timesheet.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Material & Equipment Directly Used:
May be exposed to potentially hazardous conditions that require wear of hard hats, gloves, steel toed boots, hearing protection, safety glasses and other personal protection equipment (PPE); may be required to push, pull and lift heavy equipment. Use of cell phones and laptop to maintain contact and accountability of work activities.
Work will be indoors and outdoors. Exposure to heat, cold, dust, noise, chemicals may occur. Overtime and shift work may be required depending on contractual needs. Employee must comply with all Federal, State and Local regulations and published Company work rules as well as written instructions. Task specific work environment training will be provided as required . Must be prepared to function in a wartime environment to support U.S. interests. 100% Overseas Assignment.
• Licensed Professional Engineer preferred.
• Must have a bachelor s degree in civil engineering from an accredited college or university.
• One year related experience may be substituted for one year of education, if degree is required.
• Must be a U.S. Citizen with a current, valid U. S. Passport and U. S. Driver s License.
• Must have and maintain a valid U.S. SECRET Security Clearance prior to deployment.
• Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English fluently.
• Must be able to pass employment and deployment qualification requirements that include psychological, medical, dental, drug testing, background checks, etc.
• Candidates must successfully complete both online and hands on CBRN (chemical, biological, radiological and nuclear) defense training. Training includes the successful fit testing of DoD provided protective gear.
Minimum of five years of design experience and a minimum of two years of project management experience. Knowledge of principles of engineering, planning, project programming, ability to interpret plans and drawings. Capable of working as a team, using AutoCAD 2012 or newer versions, providing designs, preparing drawings, statements of work, AF Form 66 submittals and project cost estimates.
Experience in an Air Force Civil Engineer Squadron is desirable.
Physical requirements include lifting up to 35lb, team lifting up to 50lbs, climbing, extended sitting, or standing, stooping, stretching, and bending.
• Candidates must possess a Secret clearance.
• Great communication, analytical, and project management.
• Shall proficiently use computers and related software.
• Must be skilled with Microsoft programs such as Project, Excel, Word, and Power Point, CADD, GIS, HVAC load calculation software.
• Shall be familiar with MicroPAVER, PCASE, WaterGEMS, BUILDER and Air Force Civil Engineer Software-Project Management (ACES-PM) and their successor applications.
• Able and willing to work periods of long hours to meet mission requirements.
• Military experience in a contingency environment and knowledge and experience working with government contracts preferred.