Renardet S.A. & Partners is an OMAN based Civil Engineering consultancy business unit and is seeking to employ a Civil Engineer with strong Design and Construction skills and qualifications to work on one of the Hospital Project in Al Suwaiq - North Al Batinah, Salalah - Dhofar Governorate or Khasab - Musandam Region of Sultanate of Oman. The Civil Engineer should look after all civil engineering aspects of the project and report to the Site Manager assigned to the particular site.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Resolves issues or problems concerning conflicting design requirements, specifications and/or difficult interface/coordination requirements. Actively communicate with other disciplines to optimise areas of interface, during the design development, review and check processes.
• Monitoring of worksite progress to ensure conformance to design, specifications and safety standards.
• Advises project leaders of potential client and consultant requested changes to scope of work; determines cause and effect to project budget and schedule.
• Develop PMO requirements for taking over, testing and commissioning protocols and requirements for the projects.
• Prepare weekly, monthly and quarterly executive status reports.
• Interact, report and update the line manager on all discipline s tasks and activities and its progress on daily bases with forecasted views.
• Full compliance with Oman Rail s PMO confidentiality and non-disclosure terms and conditions and ensure that other discipline s team members strictly adhere and follow these terms and conditions.
• Conduct daily inspection works and witnessing of concrete pouring , earthwork activities and all other civil works activities as directed by the construction manager. Maintain and document the latest Issued for construction drawings, inspection requests, tests reports and ensure proper endorsement and filing in coordination with the technical coordinator/ site administrator.
• Document revisions and changes and maintain a log for such changes to the Issued for Construction drawings and design towards reflecting the same in As-Built drawings.
• Coordinate and work closely with the QA/QC site engineer regarding lab tests, material tests and NCR initiation and closing out.
• Review and understand the approved construction drawings and ensure that site works are carried out in compliance with all the approved drawings, designs and procedures.
• Review and provide comments and recommendations to the Construction Manager for approval of all contractors civil works method statements and material submittals.
• Monitor availability and usage of the required PPE uniforms and gears throughout the project for the different activities and work items.
• Maintain daily reports, participate in the weekly and monthly progress meetings with the project s contractors. Prepare and present weekly, monthly update for the project management with all the statistics, graphs and quantities of project s tasks.
• Work with all teams to ensure responsibility for activities and associated standards and processes is embedded and carried out.
• Provide support for monthly payments and measurement.
• Exercises a personal duty of care for their own health, safety and welfare and for those affected by their acts or omissions, and promote the same within their area of responsibility.
• Protects information assets and data including both electronic and paper based from all threats whether internal, external, deliberate or accidental.