Desired Candidate Profile
Qualified Quantity Surveyors with minimum 5 -10 years experience in post tender quantity survey, progress measurement, billing and claims for large integrated projects like hotels, hospitals, commercial, residential and industrial projects. Excellent knowledge of commercial terms and conditional is essential.
• Liaise closely with the Project Manager on all commercial matters to jointly obtain maximum commercial benefit from a project.
• Liaise with the Project Manager to prepare draft sub-contract documentation (including bid tabs/analysis) and to assist the Project Manager in obtaining the best commercial and technical deal available in the market. The quality assurance requirements of sub-contracts must be addressed.
• Produce monthly operating statements by prescribed dates and to discuss the commercial implications of that statement with the Project Manager to ensure there is an understanding of the commercial position of the Project.
• Undertake re-measurement and prepare, submit and agree monthly valuations, variations and final accounts. Interim accounts shall also be discussed with the Project Manager to allow engineering staff input. Awareness of site activities is fundamental.
• Prepare cash flows and claims documentation.
• Check that numbers of resources (labour, plant, and staff) and hours being worked are within tender/CTC allowances and review with the Project Manager. Identify areas of waste or loss on resources and advise the Project Manager.
• Monitor all Project correspondence for commercial issues and initiate commercial correspondence.
• Ensure site documentation is properly archived at Head Office at the end of the project.
• Ensure timely notices of default are issued to subcontractors and suppliers in accordance with terms of their Order or Sub-contract.
• Identify areas of commercial risk on the Project as early as possible and review with the Project Manager ways of avoiding that risk.
Desired Candidate Profile
Graduate Civil Engineers with 5 -12 years of experience in Planning and Monitoring of works of large multi-disciplined residential, commercial or industrial projects.
• Preparing the construction schedule in Primavera P6 and MS Projects and also preparation of other planning documents (like Progress “S” Curve, Earn Value Curve, Man power Histogram etc.).
• Regularly monitoring critical path and preparing schedule impact reports for the project management.
• Proactively assessing progress, completion forecasts and providing solutions to mitigate schedule delays or to optimize project completion.
• Evaluating project progress against historical indicators on weekly basis and providing the management with comparative analysis. Responsible for day to day interaction with client / consultants / subcontracts regarding the progress of the works.
• Preparation of detailed Schedule from Bill Of Quantities
• Preparing commissioning schedules in coordination with equipment supplier, erection agency, testing and commissioning team to match with the project completion plan.
• Coordinate with the engineering and procurement department regarding the interfacing of construction activities and Material & Equipment availability.
• Implementing cost efficient method for construction; tracking design approvals, construction / shop drawings approvals, material approvals, delay in site inspection, bill of quantities “variation & addition / deletion” and natural calamities, site instruction register, etc for applying Extension of time.
• Keeping close watch on various activities of Project (like delivery of materials, site clearance, duration of activities, “Holds” etc.) and updating the Project Manager on any Risk foreseen for project completion and providing suggestions.
Software Skill Required
Should be well proficient with planning tools like:
Primavera Project Planner software Version 3.1, 5.0 & 6.0
Microsoft Project 2007 Professional