Overview of role:
We are looking for a client service / client relationship management professional to join our dynamic, diverse SSGA Middle East & Africa (MEA) team. Based in our new Riyadh office (after an induction period of 3-6 months in our Dubai/Abu Dhabi offices), you will be a key member of the MEA team contributing to our client relationship and business retention efforts.
You will join an ambitious and entrepreneurial client facing team covering a range of client segments with a strong focus on Official Institutions, pension funds and financial institutions. Your particular focus will be on Financial Institutions and Public Institutions in Saudi Arabia.
You will need to collaborate with colleagues in investments, research, marketing, RFP, Compliance, investment operations and shareholder services. The role requires energy, flexibility, curiosity and excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
We want you to develop a deep understanding of the SSGA franchise and of the Middle East market to look after our existing Saudi client base and provide the highest level of service to them.
What we will ask you to do:
• Handle client onboarding for new relationships and new mandates, including KYC document collection/renewal, liaising with the various internal stakeholders and ensuring smooth transitions of assets to/from SSGA
• Organize and attend client portfolio review meetings in Saudi Arabia together with our portfolio managers; occasionally accompany our Saudi clients to due diligence and review meetings in our London, Boston or Stamford offices
• Attend and contribute to weekly relationship/sales meetings with the rest of the Middle East & Africa team in our Dubai and Abu Dhabi offices
• Gain an in-depth understanding of our products including passive management, quant and fundamental equities, EM debt, fixed income, cash and liquid alternatives
• Be the go-to person for competitive and market intelligence on the Saudi fund industry and keep an eye out for regulatory and macroeconomic developments
• Oversee RFP's, product information gathering and client-centric research origination/dissemination
• Act as back-up Relationship Manager on certain client accounts as required
• Harness the expertise of our internal specialists (e.g. portfolio management, portfolio strategy, research, Cash, etc.) in order to deliver proactive portfolio information to clients
• Monitor key product performance and liaise with portfolio strategists to ensure proactive engagement with our client base
• Build strong, positive relationships with key internal groups
• Maintain the highest possible fiduciary standards and ensure compliance with all internal and external requirements
What we would love you to be:
• Academic background in finance, economics, business or a related field
• Native Arabic speaker (mandatory)
• Strong communicator with excellent interpersonal skills
• Experienced in investment management or investment banking
• A good problem solver and trouble-shooter, with the ability to identify and analyze issues with the creativity and energy to solve them
Who you are:
• You are articulate, curious and entrepreneurial
• You want to work in a diverse, multi-cultural environment
• You are motivated and keen to deliver the best possible result to clients
• You understand the importance of risk excellence when representing a global financial services firm in emerging markets