The Clinical Imaging supervisor is directly accountable to the Chief Technologist in the Clinical Imaging Department. The Clinical Imaging supervisor has the responsibility for supervising and managing the daily work activities of the relevant section(s) in the department to ensure timely patient access to quality clinical imaging services in accordance with professional standards, HMC policies, procedures, and guidelines, and in accordance with applicable Service Level Agreements. The incumbent shall be a professional, demonstrating specialized technical and scientific knowledge in the field of radiology/imaging services. The incumbent shall have specialized knowledge of Clinical Imaging procedures acquired through professional or academic qualifications or through extensive practical experience. It is essential the employee is able to perform the duties of the job in variable situations within clearly defined policies, principles, and objectives with direction. The incumbent shall be free to act within clear procedures and subject to managerial control and review of results.
• Demonstrates knowledge and application of the Employers mission, vision, and values
• Performs technical and clinical duties as expected of a Clinical Imaging Technologist, and maintains the required clinical competencies appropriate for the section
• Manages the operations of the section(s) within the Clinical Imaging Department, with discharge of associated administrative duties.
• Takes responsibility for day-to-day management, throughout, and patient care, patient scheduling, and immediate staffing needs.
• Ensures the overall quality control activities and maintenance of standards within the particular section
• Reports any job-related incidents and problems to the Chief Technologist and/or Clinical Imaging Manager
• Manages the staffing schedules for all technical staff
• Manages staff performance and orientation in accordance with departmental policies, procedures, and objectives
• Ensures all staff within the section are in full compliance with the educational, training, and competency requirements of the department, hospital, and corporation
• Undertakes annual staff performance and competency assessments in accordance with departmental and corporation requirements
• Ensures that the relevant imaging equipment within the section is appropriately managed and maintained, including responsibility for resolving equipment failures and breakdowns, preventive maintenance scheduling, testing, and completion of any remedial actions or repairs
• Assumes accountability for ensuring the section activities within the section comply with The Employers policies and procedures, and the relevant accreditation requirements
• Is accountable for ensuring any remedial or corrective actions are implemented in a timely manner
• Assists the Chief Technologist and Clinical Imaging Manager to implement and monitor staff compliance with policies and operating procedures
• Complies with The Employers policies and procedures, including: infection control, safety, and quality management policies
• Performs other duties as required