Clinical Instructors - Nursing
King Faisal Specialist Hospital & Research Center in Madinah
Madinah, Saudi Arabia
Provides comprehensive clinically focused staff orientation and professional development within area(s) of specialization utilizing the professional practice model.
Education / Qualification Required:
• Bachelor's Degree or Associate Degree/Diploma in Nursing is required.
Experience Post Post-Qualifications:
• Four (4) years of nursing experience with Bachelor's Degree
• OR Six (6) years of nursing experience with Associate Degree/Diploma
• One (1) Year of clinical teaching experience is required
• Current Registered Nurse license from country of origin required.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Collaborates with the appropriate Education Coordinator(s) to ensure the educational needs of the assigned unit(s)/clinic(s) and/or group of nurses are met.
• Collaborates with staff, head nurse, Nursing Development and Saudization (ND&S) colleagues and others to assess learning needs and establish an annual education plan for area(s) of responsibility.
• Develops, implements, evaluates, and modifies clinically-based teaching-learning activities based on assessed needs, levels of competence, and standards of care. Evaluates against unit specific indicators and strategic goals.
• Incorporates internal and external standards, evidence-based practice and research findings into all educational offerings. In partnerships with nursing staff facilitates critical incident analysis linking to all AORS and safety issues.
• Participates in and conducts unit/clinic-based, classroom and Skills Lab education in collaboration with appropriate ND&S educators and others utilizing principles of adult learning, reflective practice, cultural diversity, competency-based practice and novice to expert theories.
• Utilizes the educator roles of coaching, mentoring, facilitating, teaching, managing and evaluating knowledge, skills, attitudes and values in learning situations.
• Participates in the educational development and support of unit/clinic-based preceptors.
• Conducts clinical performance assessment of staff within area(s) of responsibility in collaboration with Head Nurse, Program Director and Education Coordinator and provides feedback for the establishment of an outcome based education plan if required.
• Participates in educational activities that support the advancement of healthcare and the nursing profession in the Kingdom.
• Demonstrates provision of education in support of achieving an increase in the number of Saudi nurses in assigned area. Supports increasing the number of Saudi nurses in ND&S.
• Demonstrates provision of education in support of achieving clinical quality outcome indicators and patient satisfaction.
• Contributes to the development and delivery of Nursing Affairs objectives using a continuous improvement paradigm.
• Demonstrates provision of education in support of achieving cost efficiency savings in assigned area.
• Promotes and maintains effective communication and teamwork. Treats colleagues, patients, and visitors with dignity and respect at all times.
• Supports the recruitment of staff to area and assists in developing competence and performance. Acts as a mentor for new staff as they develop competence.