Hello everyone I m back again and this time with such an exciting Cloud Systems Engineer role with one of the largest Tech Giants in the UAE currently.
Our Client has built a world class AI focused cloud platform, manage their cloud platform end to end, building intelligent data center facilities that are the best in the region. They have have also deployed thousands of AI enabling GPUs, one of the largest deployments in the world, allowing their engineers to develop and deploy machine learning solutions directly to their customers.
Working at this company includes dealing with massive data sets, an AI infrastructure that is powered by the latest NVIDIA GPU cloud computing platform and access to limitless compute, storage and network resources.
Their mission is to build the largest cloud in the UAE.
About the Role:
• We are looking for cloud systems engineers to join our Cloud infrastructure development group. Cloud systems engineers are responsible for the operational support, maintenance and expansion of our private cloud platform. The Cloud infrastructure development group ensures maximum up time of our private cloud platform. He or she is also act as a part of the escalation, issue triage and technical support processes.
Responsibilities and Duties:
• Responsible for monitoring, supporting, and administering production environment with initial onboarding, upgrades and recovery;
• Follow production support processes to document day to day support activities, contribute to knowledge base and improve our overall accuracy and efficiency;
• Support our 24/7/365 always-up, always available production services;
• Identifying opportunities that can improve efficiency of operations and IT processes.
• Minimum 7 years proven work experience as a Linux Engineer, Technical Support Engineer or similar in a Linux production environment;
• Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot complex technical issues;
• Excellent problem-solving and communication skills;
• Self-driven, motivated and results oriented, customer-centric mindset;
• Bachelor s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or relevant field.
• Knowledge and experience of OpenStack production design, operations and troubleshooting;
• Expert level experience with server-level operating systems Unix/Linux, facilitating high-level engineering, architecture design;
• Understanding of network and distributed storage systems such as, CEPH, EMC ECS, HDFS and protocols like FC, iSCSI, NFS, CIFS (concepts and architecture);
• You are knowledgeable of networks, routers, switches, firewalls and deep understanding TCP/IP stack;
• Strong developments experience with shell, Python etc.;
• Experience with automation/configuration management using either Puppet, Chef or Ansible would be beneficial;
• Develop and maintain system documentation, including diagrams, Standard Operating Procedures and work instructions.