A Cluster Director of Engineering ensuring that required quality levels are maintained. Specific attention is given to areas such as asset maintenance strategy, planned preventative maintenance, energy control, cost management and fire & life safety.
What will I be doing?
A Cluster Director of Engineering is expected to ensure a consistent and uniform standard throughout the company while exercising broad latitude in activities and decision making to account for the varying specific local conditions. Managing the engineering team efficiently, maintain all hotel operations such that safety, security and compliance are ensured at the highest levels. A Cluster Director of Engineering will perform the following tasks to the highest standards:
Safety, Security & Environment:
• Ensures hotel is being operated in a safe & effective manner.
• Ensures the correct implementation of Hilton Fire Life & Safety (FLS) testing procedures.
• Ensures the correct operation & maintenance of the hotels FLS systems.
• Ensures the correct implementation of all health and safety, energy control and management directives and that up-to-date records of all test certificates/licenses are kept.
• Ensures that all contractors and in-house employee''s carry out their work, in accordance with and adherence to company, local and regional health and safety at work criteria.
• Maintain contacts with local authorities such as fire department, electricity supply company, health inspectors, etc., to ensure that all requirements are being complied with and that assistance or advice will be readily available whenever required.
• Holds regular meetings on energy conservation, fire training, employee communications, and health & safety.
• Reports environmental performance through dedicated IT systems and in POMEC reports.
• Ensures all technicians have a good environmental understanding.
• Ensures the implementation of the right asset maintenance strategy
• Ensures the efficient operation & maintenance of all mechanical & electrical equipment.
• Ensures the correct upkeep of the building and grounds.
• Ensures operational equipment is being maintained effectively.
• Ensures the correct implementation of an effective trouble reporting system.
• Ensures an effective planned preventative maintenance system is in place for all M&E equipment.
• Allocation of duties to the appropriate engineering team/contractors.
• Operation of hotels BMS.
• Ensure that all records of maintenance and testing are being kept.
• Co-ordinates and supervises the work of service contractors to ensure that the terms of all such contracts for major plant and systems are fully implemented.
• Identify and recommend improvements where required.
• In conjunction with Human Resources, interview and make recommendations on suitable technical personnel for employment.
• Identify, coach and develop suitable personnel for possible future roles within the technical departments of the company.
• Executes organizational directives and encourages achievement of goals through motivation, communication and leadership.
• Supervision of contractors.
Budgeting & Procurement:
• Prepares Capital, Repairs and Maintenance and Energy budgets for Engineering.
• Assist in the negotiation for consumables and service contracts, ensuring the best value for money is obtained.
• Ensure that adequate stock levels and spare part lists are in place.
• Gives relevant M&E input into capital projects.
• Management and administration of capital projects controlled at hotel level.
• Directs and implements controls and systems to ensure efficient and effective management of all utility and energy related activities
• Controlling Activities :
• To be aware of area & hotel financial targets, and assist in cost reduction methods where necessary.
• Production/updating of hotels 5 year capital and long-term plans.
• Complete and produce regular reports and statistics as required by hotel and area management.
• To be familiar with all Hilton standards and policies.
• Directs and implements controls and systems to ensure efficient and effective management of all utility and energy related activities together with company environmental and suitability programs
• Monitor Key Performance Indicators for the engineering department and take corrective action, as required, to improve equipment inventory, quality audit, productivity and other objectives.
What are we looking for?
A Chief Engineer serving Hilton brands a good command of English is important and. Strong project management skills is essential. Luxury hotel chain experience would be an advantage. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
• Must be smart and presentable.
• Must be computer literate with BMS experience.
• Must have university degree in Engineering (Mechanical or Electrical).
• Should have minimum 5 years of experience in managing multi units at cluster Director of Engineering level. Experience in luxury would be an advantage.
• Must be able to converse to a good level of English and Arabic.
• Committed to delivering a high level of customer service.
• Exposure to budgeting and basic accounting.
• Strong leadership skills.
• Advanced knowledge of building management/engineering, experience in facilities management would be an advantage
• Ability to work under pressure.
• Ability to work on their own.
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!