We are searching for candidates who have previous experience in 4-5 stars hotels, experience in GCC, high volume Five Stars hotel work-record showing outstanding commercial awareness (marketing driven), someone who did work in Marketing & Communications Director capacity within a leading international Hotel Chain. His/her responsibilities include overseeing the planning and development of promotional strategies and marketing plans; oversees and assists with the development and implementation of the sales and marketing plan; management of the marketing team and reporting on effectiveness of the plan.
As a Director of Marketing & Communications you are responsible for the development and effective implementation of marketing and promotional strategies for the positioning of the property as highly desirable to its identified target markets and within the parameters set by the hotel. In addition, overlook the day-to-day operation of the department together with associated tasks and duties as assigned by the General Manager and the Corporate Vice President - Marketing.
General Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design and implement appropriate marketing strategies in order to ensure the effective strategic positioning and viability of the company and the property
- Increase the profile of the property through the development of a network of sponsors, stakeholders and patrons
- Ensure that all the identified target markets and stakeholders of the property are kept briefed of the developments and other activities at the properties and within the hotel
- Expose the property to a broad, representative and sustainable client base at local, national and international levels
- Ensure effective public relations and promote goodwill between the property and all target markets
- Handle all press releases and the dissemination of information to the media
- Manage the advertising function in such a way that all advertisements are effective and reflect a positive image of the company and property
- Establish effective relations with agencies to devise and maximize publicity materials (printed and online collaterals, radio campaigns, advertising, etc.)
- Develop and manage effective direct marketing campaigns to identified target markets, using either surface or electronic mailing means
- Control the budget, allocated for the marketing and promotional functions and at the same time, ensure that marketing and promotional exposure are maximized
- Negotiate effectively with potential sponsors and ultimately close advantageous arrangements Source sponsorship from various companies, banks, airlines, etc. for promotions and partnerships
- Handle the property branding during exhibitions, that the company is participating, in addition to initiating and organising events
- Provide the management with creative ideas to project and enhance the image of the company and property
- Effectively supervise the work of all subordinates and provide the appropriate training and guidance
- Submit a monthly report to the General Manager and Corporate Vice President Marketing, updating on all matters related to the activities within the Department
- Produce regular financial reports for the General Manager and the Corporate Vice President Marketing
- Operate in a safe and environmentally friendly way to protect guests and employees health and safety, as well as protect and conserve the environment
- Comply with the hotel environmental, health and safety policies and procedures
Nationality: Any Nationality (Preferably Arabic Speaker)
Setting Out To Win
Understanding the Business Planning for Business Valuing Diversity Customer Focus
Winning Through People
Influencing Outcomes Team Building Leading People
Delivering Impressive Results
Managing Operations Adaptability Drive for Results
SALARY AND BENEFITS
Details of Package:
-Basic Salary: 1,000 BHD
-Contract Status: Grade 1 Family: Spouse + up to 2 children
-Accommodation: Live Out Allowance or Provided by the company
-Schooling Allowance: 2 Children as per Company Policy covering 90% up to max BHD 4,000 per Child per Year.
-Transportation Allowance: 75 BHD
-Telephone Allowance : 30 BHR
-Clustering Allowance: 20% from basic salary.
-Medical Insurance: Spouse + 2 Children.
-Life Insurance: Self Only.
-Vacation Air Tickets: Spouse + 2 Children Yearly / Economy Class.
-Laundry: 40 Pieces of Working Clothes per Month for Non-Uniformed.
-Duty Meals: Duty Meals at Colleague Outlet
-Use of Health Club: As per company policy.
-Relocation Assistance: Yes, as per company policy.
-Annual Leave: On completion of 12 months of continuous service, will be entitled to 30 days paid annual leave, which includes days off and working days.