Summary of Responsibilities: Reporting to the Cluster Director, Sales & Marketing, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
• Work effectively with all departments to ensure 100% guest satisfaction
• To closely monitor the competition and ensure that the department has a complete understanding of each hotel s products.
• Adheres to Fairmont Code of Ethics and promotes all the company Health & Safety policies and procedures to ensure a safe work environment.
• Provides warm service and assist guest according to Fairmont Hotels & Resorts Brand and Service Plus standards.
• Acts in accordance with the standards, conforms to the policies and procedures of FHR Promotes and practices Fairmont Hotels & Resorts values of teamwork, mutual respect, integrity and empowerment among all co-workers.
• Establish good business and social relationships with the industry and participate in activities related to public relations in order to further increase sales leads for department as well as Hotel.
• To ensure maximum employee satisfaction. Conduct monthly and annual performance reviews
• Monitor revenue and costs of the department and assist in developing strategies to maximize profits and
minimize costs in conjunction with the Director of Revenue Management
• Liaise with Director of Revenue Management to develop pricing strategies and peak season procedures. Ensure that these are reflected in the monthly parameters.
• Responsible to handle a designated market for which he/she will have targets to achieve in corporate
room nights. Making sure the Team has the proper tool to achieve the corporate room night s goals/ Exceed.
• Solicit, negotiate, and book new and repeat business through various efforts (Blitz, prospect calls,
personal sales calls, referrals, site inspection etc.) to maximize revenues.
• Prepare weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reports as required. Assist with compilation of competitive intelligence information.
• Participate in tradeshows, conventions and promotional events within the hotel and trade related
organizations. Actively participate in prescribed sales training.
• Coordinate and financially manage sales trips, including reports or activity pertaining to the specific market.
• Previous experience is an asset
• Minimum a Bachelor Degree, Business School and/or Hotel School Diploma preferred.
• Minimum five year experience / exposure to corporate sales is a plus.
• Minimum three years experience in a luxury Hotel environment
• Candidate must have flexible schedule and ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Strong leadership, dynamic personality, results oriented, excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Professional Presentation and the ability to close a sale
• Must be able to prioritize, organize, be self-efficient and maintain a positive attitude within a very busy environment
• Computer experience at intermediate to advanced level is mandatory with knowledge of Windows 2003 (Excel, PowerPoint and Word, Access) Opera Sales & Catering.
• Proficient in English language (Verbal and written), second language is an asset.