The Corporate Governance Manager will have the overall risk management and corporate governance responsibility including Risk Assessments, Internal Control and Compliance for all Group Companies.
What we give
With Canon, you'll get the support and encouragement you need to grow, from people who share your ambition. We'll invest in your professional development to help you learn and progress in your role with us. You'll find leaders who give you the freedom to explore new things and a team where knowledge is shared openly.
• Manage the Enterprise Risk Management process for identifying and monitoring the risks for each group entity covering initial risk screening, annual risk register, internal controls evaluation, risk heat map, risk management treatments, internal audit report and interim reviews
• Prepare, manage and coordinate a team of Risk Owners to identify and plan actions to mitigate the risks in all departments,
• Ensure Key Risk Indicator report is issued and presented on a periodic basis to Risk Management Committee and Senior Management
• Conduct Risk Management meetings to promote and develop ERM culture and risk mitigation awareness
• Contribute to maintain high standards of internal control by providing support to Business Process Owners to secure efficient processes and implement a sound annual internal control assessment
• Ensure the SOX documentation (incl. process flows) is properly designed, documented and communicated reflecting management s judgement on effective controls
• Lead all Directors through their process gap analysis and recommend improvements impacting the efficiency of our control environment
• Perform risk assessments on existing controls reviewing for relevance, practicality and potential modification and define audit plan
• Work with the stakeholder on prompt remediation of all deficiencies identified through (internal) audit and implement recommendations given by the Corporate Group Audit
• Lead the testing of existing internal controls to ensure proper adherence and that documentation exists
• Provide employee training on control needs and modify procedures as needed
• Lead effective GRC initiatives and drive a practical COSO environment (Control Environment, Risk Assessment, Control Activities, Info / Communication, Monitoring)
• Ensure Internal Control/Audit report is issued and presented on a periodic basis to Risk Management Committee and Senior Management
BUSINESS PROCESS REVIEW
• Ensure that business operations are controlled with auditable documentation, segregation of duties, appropriate authorization and sufficient controls to protect company assets.
• Strive to optimize and create efficiencies in the operations
CORPORATE GOVERNANCE &COMPLIANCE
• Implement new Compliance policies and procedures as requested by the Group or local legislation
• Ensure Group and Local policies and procedures are followed and implemented.
• Organize trainings with respective key stakeholders in case of new or modified procedures
• Maintain the Corporate Governance Portal and ensure it is up to date and accurate for each department
• Create standardized documentation for all forms and procedures to ensure continuity and reliable record keeping
• Act as lead champion and cascade, train and ensure implementation of Data Privacy Policies across all entities
What we ask
We need people who can achieve the exceptional by working collaboratively, who have the courage to risk new ways of doing things and the ability to see the world the way their customers see it. We're looking for creative problem-solvers like you, someone who can ensure Canon stays ahead in an ever-changing world.
• Education : Masters degree followed by an International Qualification CA, CPA, ACCA, CIA and/or CISA; Big4 trained;
• Experience : 10 years experience in the field of Governance, compliance and internal audit experience in an international and corporate environment; Sound knowledge of financial, information technology and operational internal control standards, including SOX, COSO
You will need
• Ability to think in an insightful way and manage multiple tasks;
• Ability to build productive relationships across group entities and business areas;
• clear and professional communicator both written and verbally;
• strong presentation skills; good attention to detail;
• problem solving;
• ability to work in a complex organization;
• Incluence and Negotiate;
• People's management skills
Canon is enriching lives and businesses in incredible new ways. You can play a part in shaping the future of a company that s strong, ambitious and considerate, where people do great things together. You can expect the exceptional and achieve the exceptional, with the world's best imaging company.
Expect the Exceptional.