T-Solutions is the company people want to work for and work with when seeking global services and innovative solutions. We employ highly qualified and uniquely skilled professionals who are committed to providing services with integrity. We are the preferred partner to deliver excellence and to enrich our clients, employees and communities.
Who We Are
T-Solutions creates exceptional, responsive solutions to complex challenges for our global clients in the field of government contracting. We are an innovative, agile provider of specialized, technical solutions and an exceptional cache of capabilities that enable mission-critical operations and decision making. We provide the expertise and guidance needed to help customers succeed in today s era of defense, security, maintenance engineering, logistics, and business transformation. Our core competencies are aligned with the current needs of our customers; and those competencies anticipate and facilitate work with our customer to address their future needs. We are continually striving to adapt emerging and proven technologies to further enhance the abilities of our customers and partners.
We currently seeking candidates for our Port Engineer position, located at our Manama, Bahrain station. This position serves as T-Solution s on-board representative. The primary function of this role is to routinely validate shipboard conditions through personal observation and evaluation. Port Engineers are active leaders as part of a maintenance team and serve as the Type Commander (TYCOM), as well as the Commanding Officer s primary representative for all off ship maintenance and modernization. They are intimately familiar with the operational and maintenance requirements of their assigned ships(s) to ensure mission readiness.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Interface with the ships crew, department heads and commanding officer on a daily basis to discuss shortfalls, implementation and insufficiencies related to the Consolidated Ships Maintenance Plan (CSMP) and validate new work items
• Verify and check all validated off-ship maintenance 2 kilos. 2 kilo validation includes equipment testing and system performance and making recommendations and repair actions to the maintenance plan.
• Recommend timing of repairs and identify the most cost effective level of maintenance.
• Provide a risk assessment and prioritization of all on and off-ship maintenance requirements.
• Attend all ship maintenance/repair assessment events and answer questions real time, these may include funding shortfalls, maintenance scope, mission impacts, and logistics.
• Identify weaknesses in the maintenance plan/s, to include modernization recommendations.
• Determine, validate, and diagnose specific maintenance requirements for assigned ships or craft;
• Recommend ship owner authorization or deferral of identified maintenance requirements;
• Screen authorized work to appropriate industrial activities and Continuous Maintenance availability periods;
• Integrate authorized work items for each industrial availability to ensure development of an optimized work package;
• Monitor industrial availability execution and support Government efforts to control quality, schedule, and cost;
• Provide engineering and technical recommendations concerning the design, installation, logistic support, and priority of planned modernization; and
• Recommend solutions to maintenance-related environmental, logistics, technical and engineering problems encountered in ship repair and modernization.
• Extensive experience of naval combat systems operation and maintenance
• Knowledge of depot level combat systems alteration, maintenance, and integrated test procedures
• Knowledge of, and experience aboard, naval vessels
• Detailed experience with one or more major Navy surface ship weapons system
• Significant Navy experience at the Senior Chief (E8) level or high rank in the C5I operating and maintenance community.
• Applicant will be subject to a security investigation and must meet the eligibility requirements to obtain and maintain a security clearance issued by the US Government. In addition to the security clearance, this position may require an additional background screening for base access. To see if you meet requirements to obtain a Security Clearance click HERE
This position includes a low level of travel.
T-Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.