Our client is a leading diversified manufacturing consortium in the Middle East with substantial business interests across the Gulf region (and internationally) and a large legal team supporting them. Due to continued workload, they are looking to hire a Commercial Counsel with 10+ years' experience of commercial contract law, ideally with some exposure to manufacturing/engineering/heavy industry.
Candidates will be experienced commercial contract/corporate lawyers and able to work on a range of legal matters affecting the business. Specifically, you will be responsible for:
• Commercial Contract Drafting eg. supply agreements, MoUs, NDAs, tolling agreements, services agreements, distribution agreements and various other types of commercial agreements;
• Transportation - supply chain, marine, logistics, freight forwarding, Charterparties, contract of Affreightment, Incoterms
• Interpretation and analysis of various contracts and legal concepts or disputes and advising the business teams
• Compliance - In particular, anti-trust, anti-competition, and conflict of interest;
• Commercial dispute resolution, including managing litigation / arbitration
• Training and mentoring more junior lawyers
• Various financing agreements (project financing, corporate financing, debt capital market (DCM))
To be considered for this role you will have:
• A law degree from a recognised (preferably international) university;
• Admission to a recognised bar or professional legal body;
• 10+ years' experience with a focus on transactional commercial law; this is likely to be a mixture of law firm and in-house experience;
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Strong and demonstrable experience in negotiating legal and commercial issues
• The ability to operate autonomously and as part of a team with little or no supervision in English
A background of working in Saudi Arabia/the wider Middle East reason is not essential but would be highly regarded.
This is an outstanding opportunity to develop your career in the Middle East with one of the major players.
For a confidential discussion about this role please contact David von Dadelszen: email@example.com / +44 (0)203 950 0528.
Jameson Legal acts as an employment business for temporary recruitment and as an employment agency for fixed term contract and permanent recruitment.