The Commercial Manager is responsible to manage the contractual and commercial aspects and the management of a team of project specific commercial staff to provide commercial services to ensure delivery of projects from inception to completion on time and within budget, in accordance with group policies and processes.
• Provide commercial advice to our projects teams to ensure in all respects that risk is minimized, best value is achieved and to maximize the profit margins on projects.
• Assist in the preparation of project development feasibility studies and presentations prepared by the project team.
• Advise the project team on post contract amendments, variations & procurement to meet time, quality and cost requirements on projects.
• Manage claims and disputes using outsourced and internal resources dependent on complexity, size claim and resources available in compliance with contractual terms and timescales.
• Review tender / contract documents, in conjunction with AF Group Legal, evaluate project risks, support tendering team in bid preparation, negotiate and agree contract clauses prior to execution of contracts.
• To report on portfolio costs, budgets and risks on a monthly basis.
• Provide and manage pre and post contract quantity surveying services including post contract commercial correspondence, without limitation, cost estimating, monthly accounts, review of cost and budget forecasts, quantum analysis of claims and variation submissions, and final account settlement.
• Effectively lead the team and work with the engineers of project.
• Lead, coach develop and motivate staff to achieve their potential and increase their effectiveness and contribution.
• Review, recommend and implement new or improved administrative procedures to maintain economy and efficiency of operation and maximize gross margins.
• Comply with and use of organisational forms and processes to ensure internal approvals are obtained in accordance with group policies and the Delegation of Authority.
• Provide the complete service interface between customers and procurement & project teams by ensuring service requirements are met in accordance with budget and programme.
The Commercial Manager will report to the Regional Commercial Lead, however, channels exists for direct communication with the Regional General Manager - Supply Chain & Commercial and other member from the senior leadership team at weekly meetings or as and when required.
To be a successful in this role, you should have a bachelor's degree in engineering specialised in mechanical / electrical. Masters in Business Administration is a plus. Minimum of 15+ years relevant experience in a MEP contracting environment. Typically, has managed MEP projects of approx. value between AED 50 million AED 500 million, handling anything between 2 4 projects simultaneously. Significant experience in Infrastructure, Retail, Residential, High Rise, Hotel projects is essential. Proven success in managing all commercial aspects for large scale projects from inception to handover. Strong knowledge & experience of FIDIC clauses & conditions.
The Commercial Manager will have to demonstrate excellent leadership qualities, be customer focused and be able to handle multiple and often conflicting priorities. It is essential the incumbent should have excellent interpersonal skills and a collaborative management style. Excels at operating in a fast pace, community environment. Have the ability to look at situations from several points of view. Delegate responsibilities effectively. Excellent problem analytical skills and problem simulation. Should have a high comfort level working in a diverse environment. Open to direction and collaborative work style and commitment to get the job done. Manage cross-functional relationships effectively. Strong verbal and writing skills, with regards to contractual communication. People management skills & problem solving skills. Excellent managerial & administrative skills however at the same time hands on with day to day business operations. Detail oriented and good reporting skills. Establish clear lines of communication both internally & externally. Strong commercial expertise in driving business results.
We re here to provide excellent service but a little help from you can ensure a five-star candidate experience from start to finish.
Industry Type :
Functional Area :
Sales / Business Development