• Taking the lead on the category strategic orientation and the full responsibility of the category s P&L
an exceptional growth for the sales volume, the margin and the conversion
• Delivering growth on your PnL,
leveraging on the power of the marketplace, bringing orientations,
feedback and support to the commercial team.
• Leading the commercial plan,
taking an active part in the definition and execution of Jumias commercial
• Ensuring Jumia always has for
the customer, the right products at the best price, at the right
• Being , an early adopter, a leading ambassador and a relentless missionary of Jumia's strategic commercial orientation.
• Understanding all your markets,
vendors and customers, bringing valuable insights and convictions to
support your data driven commercial recommendations.
• Building analysis, flying high
and diving deep, to ensure smart reporting on the performance across all
categories, leading to action oriented recommendations.
• Owning the merchandising of our website, optimizing the placement of our products to deliver on every levels of Jumia's strategy.
• Working seamlessly with all
departments (Commercial, Marketing, Onsite, Operations...), enabling
decision making, problem solving and ensuring laser focus execution.
• Leading massive and complex
commercial operations and project management initiatives, coordinating
effectively cross functions initiatives.
• Constantly working toward
improving and simplifying our tools, process
Required Skills &
• Action oriented and results
• Strong analytical skill
• Strong inter-personal skills:
Convince the people and your team that you are making the right decisions
• Fast learner
• Well organized
• Resistant to stress
• Very independent with a strong
ability to go further than the expectations
Expected Technical and
• Top Business / Engineering
Schools and Universities
• Proficiency in MS Office and
Excel (VBA would be a plus)
• Ability to analyse large data
sets to make strategic decisions