Do you have a background in Communications with a knack for getting the message across in a concise, considered and effective way? Our client is a global strategic communications consultancy looking for a Director with extensive experience in political communications to provide director communications support for their political and governmental clients.
As a comms professional, you'll be a discrete but direct candidate who understands how to manage strategy, teams and channels with a desire to represent powerful clients with a clear agenda.
• 5-10 years experience in government communications; agency experience a bonus
• Good understanding of political dynamics and work of governments
• Excellent writing skills
• Significant experience delivering communications campaigns including preparation of communications materials and delivery of campaigns
• Experience leading and directing the development and implementation of communications strategies
• Leadership skills experience of managing and developing staff
• Ability to lead teams
• Excellent IT skills, including Word, PPT and Excel
• Experience of managing client relationships.
This is a role that comes with great responsibility to clients and the general public and these are just some of your day to day tasks as Director:
• Responsibility for leading clients, providing direct, high quality communications support
• Account lead for allocated clients with overall responsibility for the account, serving as primary liaison to the client, managing Work in Progress and delegation of tasks, oversight of all briefings and documents to the client and strategy development and activation
• Provide political, economic and investment analysis of current and emerging regional issues and trends
• Responsibility for sign off on narrative and messaging, talking points and factsheets
• Regular delivery of direct strategic communications advice and support to clients, using experience and understanding of the geopolitical landscape to inform client content and advice
• Lead on the delivery of general PR tasks including press releases, media engagement, stakeholder mapping, stakeholder engagement and client research
• Strong ability to write presentations (using tools such as PowerPoint) to a high standard including content and appropriate design
• Lead on production of speeches and op-eds, and producing messaging, talking points and narrative.