Communication & Collaboration Lead Microsoft Technologies
Dell EMC s Consulting organization is focused on helping customers accelerate time to value from all Dell Technologies solutions, and is our internal partner for large-scale transformational projects.
We work with organizations around the world, in every industry, in the public and private sectors, and of every size, from startups to the Fortune Global 500. Our customers include global money center banks and other leading financial services firms, manufacturers, healthcare and life sciences organizations, internet service and telecommunications providers, airlines and transportation companies, educational institutions, and public-sector agencies.
We live in a time of great disruption and opportunity. According to the World Economic Forum, this era is a fourth industrial revolution, comparable in its economic and societal impact to earlier industrial revolutions. Given the rapid changes this revolution introduces there is an immense need for guiding the customers through transformation. Customers are looking for personalizing their workforce experience, simplifying IT consumption and enabling dynamic, virtual teams. These services very often include adopting one of the public clouds as part of customer new IT landscape. Customers are looking to offload part of their workloads and IT maintenance to providers like Microsoft Azure or acquire Software-as-a-Service offerings like email or internal Sharepoint portals from Office 365. All of these drastically impact customer core IT and transform their organization therefore require consulting approach, careful planning and efficient execution.
The Commucations & Collaboration Lead is a role that will lead multiple Office 365 architects (Teams, SharePoint and Office 365 Apps), business analysts, enablement engineers and support team members. They will coordinate the business engagement initiatives and present the output use case findings that will have been defined by the business analysts, ultimately agreeing the technical changes that will affect the customers user population. Once agreed, the C&C Lead will work in tandem with the change management team to produce change management plans. Additionally, the C&C Lead will manage cross-dependencies between the various Office 365 components as well as dependencies on other workstreams, for example the security workstream. Ultimately, the C&C workstream being led by the C&C Lead will enable users by User Persona type for Office 365 services according to a dynamic schedule.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
• Define scope and assumptions for project Statements of Work (SoW).
• Lead a technical delivery team, to perform the following activities and associated deliverables. Some activities will be delegated to other members of the team, and some will be directly undertaken by the C&C Lead themselves.
• Assess existing customer communication and collaboration technologies in use.
• Assess business requirements for C&C technologies.
• Work with business analysts to develop business value use cases for modern Office 365 apps, specifically: Stream, To Do, Planner, Sway, Delve, Power BI.
• Generate business relevant use cases for Teams, Yammer, Planner, To-Do, SharePoint Online and OneDrive for Business.
• Work with change management workstream to pilot and refine use cases.
• Identify security requirements for Teams, Yammer, Planner, To-Do, SharePoint Online and OneDrive for Business.
• Work with a separate security workstream to design security compliance framework for Teams, Yammer, Planner, To-Do, SharePoint Online and OneDrive for Business.
• Configure Teams, Yammer, SharePoint Online and OneDrive for Business in accordance with business and security requirements.
• Work with customers to develop acceptable and consistent look and feel for SharePoint and Yammer.
• Implement content moderation capabilities in Yammer.
• Work with graphic designer to brand SharePoint and Yammer.
• Federate with partners for whom use cases exist and security requirements can be met.
• Test functionality of Teams, Yammer, Planner, To-Do, SharePoint Online and OneDrive for Business.
• Participate in security testing of Teams, Yammer, Planner, To-Do, SharePoint Online and OneDrive for Business.
• Perform root cause analysis and remediate failed tests.
• Provide documentation to change management workstream describing changes in user experience and providing information on new features and procedures for users.
• Provide support capabilities and documentation for customer support personnel, administrators, and users (for self-service).
• Work with change management, release management and service introduction workstreams to generate service introduction plan for Teams, Yammer, Planner, To-Do, SharePoint Online and OneDrive for Business.
• Act as point of escalation for post-migration Level 2 support for one week following each migration wave.
• Holds a MCSA Office 365 certification or equivalent.
• Understanding of UML use case modelling (desirable but not essential).
• Understanding of User Personas and how to define and implement a Persona strategy.
• Understanding of Microsoft enablement and migration methods for Office 365 applications.
• Experience of design and implementation of Microsoft Teams within an enterprise environment.
• Understands the detailed configuration of all Teams features (enterprise voice experience desireable but not essential).
• Experience of design and implementation of both on-prem SharePoint Server and SharePoint Online in an enterprise environment.
• Experience of design and implementation Yammer in an enterprise environment.
• Experience of design and implementation of OneDrive for Business in an enterprise environment.
• Understands the detailed configuration of all SharePoint, OneDrive and Yammer features.
• Able to customise SharePoint sites and Yammer content moderation capabilities.
• Able to create a delegated administration model where appropriate.
• Able to create enablement scripts and processes.
• Able to train off-shore consultants on enablement processes and common support requirements.
• Able to produce end-user adoption and best-practice usage materials.