Our Client is looking for a passionate, strategic and innovative Communications leader to manage its integrated communications activities across the GCC region.
This role is responsible for developing and executing annual communications plans (including PR, online and social media, events, trade shows, video production, product launches, influencer campaigns and collateral) to help raise awareness of company s products and technologies, generate demand and preference, and ensure ROI across all related activities.
Strategy & Planning:
o Works in close partnership with the country and divisional teams to develop and drive integrated Marketing and Communications plans in alignment with the business objectives and priorities.
o Leads the development and execution of strategies related to external, internal and public affairs communications for the GCC region consisting of 6 markets in total (UAE, KSA, Bahrain, Kuwait, Qatar and Oman).
o Oversees all PR and media relations engagement and activity across the GCC and responsible for managing relationships with key influencers and journalists.
o Ability to determine the right media mix to use in support of planned product/service launches and corporate announcements
o Leads the creation of communication materials for internal and external audiences (e.g. customers, regulators, merchants, media, employees and sales force) including, press releases, internal and external briefing documents, speeches, sales materials and content for use on social media channels.
o Manages annual events calendar for GCC markets and holds responsibility for overseeing execution/delivery of all relevant events.
Corporate Social Responsibility:
o Leads local strategy development and execution of both company led (e.g. Girls4Tech) and non-company-led (Injaz) philanthropic programs to increase visibility and drive employee engagement
o Manages all relevant suppliers/partner relationships across the GCC (PR Agency, Event Management Agency, etc)
• Establishes and maintains productive relationships with strategic external stakeholder groups (e.g. communication departments of banks, merchants, mobile operators, media partners, community leaders and governments)
• Serves as a trusted counselor on issues related to communications and reputation
Works collaboratively with Middle East and Africa Regional Communications and Worldwide Communications teams to support initiatives and projects
• Communication experience with a track record in MENA
• Outstanding communications skills
• Strong content development capabilities
• Digital first mindset from a PR/online/social perspective, with experience of working on influencer campaigns
• Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and deal with competing deadlines
• Experience in independently setting and strategically managing multiple project budgets
• Experience managing and engaging with senior leaders in an organization, and supporting them at speaking events and conferences
• Working knowledge of GCC markets, their culture, media and business environment
• Fluency in Arabic & English is essential (please do not apply if you are not proficient in both a dual language writing test will form part of the interview process)
• Ability to navigate a matrixed organization with multiple internal stakeholder groups
• The position will be based out of Dubai Office and travel will be required up to 20% of the time.