Careem is the leading technology platform for the greater Middle East. A pioneer of the region s ride- hailing economy, Careem is expanding services across its platform to include payments, delivery and mass transportation. Careem s mission is to simplify and improve the lives of people and build a lasting institution that inspires. Established in July 2012, Careem operates in more than 130 cities across 15 countries and has created more than one million job opportunities in the region and host over 30 million users.
About the role
Careem is seeking a motivated, proactive Corporate Communications Manager to contribute to the company s growing communications needs in KSA, The Corporate Communications Manager will help to develop and implement the company s public relations and internal communications strategy. You will promote a positive public image and be responsible for the dissemination of information on our company s behalf.
Excellent communication and copywriting skills will be a hallmark of our Corporate Communications Manager. Experience in corporate communications and project management are also important. The successful candidate will exhibit enthusiasm, integrity and positivity that will gain the trust of colleagues and external parties alike. As the Communications Manager, you will execute and develop plans for KSA in terms of communications, press outreach, and develop a strong local ground game with the press.
Your role is to develop deep relationships the senior leadership of KSA General Managers and Marketing teams. The key for success is to be locally relevant and understand the nuances of each market to be adding value for their business and help them achieve their business goals. Your role is to deliver against company OKRs and ensure each business partner s needs are met.
• Deliver communications plans against company OKRs and local team needs
• Organize local media events and set up interviews
• Strategic planning and cross-functional coordination at Senior level
• Add value by building and protecting Careem s reputation in terms of communications
• Drive proactive media relations to secure coverage and drive positive impact with press Manage, mitigate and handle crisis management and key issues facing the business
• Coordinate government relations needs to ensure its consistent with our business goals and we are sensitive to local government environment and
• regulatory framework
• Own local fact sheets, messages and content
• Demonstrate strong judgement when it comes to media and crisis situation
• Supervise agencies and manage their output and hold them accountable against deliverables
• Understanding of PR and marketing concepts and practices in Saudi Arabia
• Willingness to follow industry trends and current methods
Required qualifications to succeed in the role:
• Minimum 7 years of relevant experience and a strong track record in communications, experienced working in a fast-paced, high-volume social, marketing, communications, and/or
• PR environment, ideally for a large corporation or agency
• Proven track record for creating and executing cutting-edge, breakthrough campaigns that have supported business goals and growth
Careem gives equal opportunities. All aspects of ownership including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for everyone.