The Kaizen Company is an incubator for innovative, scalable solutions that address emerging market challenges and opportunities. Our proven solutions catalyze locally driven organizational and institutional performance improvements and establish communities of practice that facilitate peer-to-peer learning and the achievement of shared goals.
We leverage existing knowledge, technology, new media, and local peer networks to support locally-driven reforms. Since our inception, we have provided support to more than 100 government, private-sector, and non-profit organizations in markets worldwide. We have created solutions that achieve outcomes across a broad range of sectors including education, governance, economic growth, environment and water, energy, and global law enforcement. At Kaizen organizational development is a foundational theme in all the work we do, regardless of sector.
Scope and Objectives
The Kaizen Company is seeking a Communications Specialist to support the four-year USAID/Jordan Enhancing School Management and Planning (ESMP) Project.
ESMP s objective is to work collaboratively with MOE and MPWH to implement improved systems, policies, procedures, and tools to address gaps and challenges in the school infrastructure process. These improvements have the goal of increasing quality and reducing time and associated cost of school construction, operations, and maintenance, thus improving the learning environment for students in Jordan.
The scope of this project is to provide assessment expertise, technical assistance, capacity building, collaboration facilitation, and training to the MOE, MPWH, targeted stakeholders, and counterparts engaged in school planning, construction, and management to improve performance and sustain these improvements.
Kaizen will hire a Communications Specialist with the following key responsibilities and required qualifications.
The Communications Specialist will support the ESMP Project mission by providing guidance on communications. (S)he will manage the writing, editing, and formatting of project deliverables and other technical content produced by ESMP technical staff to deliver high-quality documents. (S)he will produce all written training materials for project workshops and stakeholder interventions, in collaboration with technical staff. The Communications Specialist may also be asked to support ESMP staff in the writing of materials and provide in-house communications training.
Expected Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
• Draft, coordinate, edit, and/or revise project deliverables and other technical content produced by ESMP technical staff to deliver high-quality documents in terms of grammar, spelling, clarity, and formatting
• Manage internal and external communications (memos, newsletters, success stories, most significant change stories)
• Provide copy-editing support and translation support as needed to ESMP technical experts and administrative staff to support overall project objectives.
• Support the editing and formatting of all ESMP communication materials.
• Assist in communication of strategies or messages from senior leadership
• Develop training materials in coordination with technical experts to support project workshops and stakeholder interventions
• Develop articles, brochures, press kits, videos, social media tools, etc., with an understanding of how these materials affect public perceptions within the context of USAID s efforts in the region.
Examples of prior and future deliverables for this project include, but are not limited to the following:
• Assessment of Jordan School Infrastructure Landscape
• Behavior Change Study
• Gender Analysis Report
• Activity Monitoring, Evaluating, and Learning (MEL) Plan
• Annual Work Plans
• Quarterly and Annual Reports
• Workshop Training Materials
• Success Stories
• Most Significant Change Stories
• Native English speaker/writer
• M.A. degree in English literature, journalism, public relations, communications, political science, education, or other relevant areas of study. Fulbright and Chevening scholars are encouraged to apply.
• 5 or more years of experience working in the communications field
• Strong expertise in writing, copy-editing, and document formatting
• Fluency with Microsoft Office with an emphasis on MS Word and MS PowerPoint
• Demonstrated ability to deliver fast and efficient copy-editing services while maintaining high standards
• Demonstrated ability to work with a team and manage a collaborative writing process
• Excellent organizational and interpersonal communication skills
• Previous experience on USAID projects and knowledge of USAID branding and marking policies is highly preferred, as is previous experience producing USAID deliverables
• Understanding of the Jordanian education environment and/or construction is helpful
• Preference for candidates with demonstrated ability to produce high-quality translations from Arabic to English and from English to Arabic
Qualified applicants should send a resume/CV in English with a cover letter outlining qualifications and the contact details of three references by Monday, January 20, 2019 , to firstname.lastname@example.org . No phone calls, please. Only finalists will be contacted.