• Provide age-appropriate Psycho social support and care for vulnerable women and adolescent girls (including survivors of GBV), through PSS activities using LECORVAW endorsed curriculums and manuals.
• Mobilizing the Community and outreach the most vulnerable women and adolescent girls.
• Conduct information and awareness sessions with women and girls in the community to disseminate information about available services and refugee's entitlements.
• Support in the recruitment and supervise of the community outreach volunteers
• Follow up and support on the planning and implementation of the outreach
• Support the capacity building of the outreach workers.
• Maintain regular contact with community focal points to ensure a constant flow of information and feedback
• Identify and engage key "gatekeepers" within the community to ensure access of LECORVAW's team and promote participation of the community in activities
• Conduct regular safety assessments and community mapping exercises to identify key risks faced by women and girls in the community
• Act as liaison with government authorities & other official entities such as utilities companies
• Act as a liaison between communities and maintain good relationships with beneficiaries and local leaders/authorities; and report any identified issues to management
• Contribute in creation of neighborhood committees, formulating and delegating specific tasks to the committee members.
• Liaise with different stakeholders to take approvals for work execution
• Contribute to the monitoring and evaluation of activities by collecting appropriate data
• Work with procurement/ logistics/ finance staff for smooth implementation of the project
• Participate in weekly reporting and planning meetings
• Support tracking of mobile activities beneficiaries using agreed M&E tools.
• Coordinate with service providers, INGO, LNGO, SDC and other relevant actors.
• Conduct and update the service mapping on continuous basis.
• Coordinate with case workers, outreach volunteers and other staff to ensure sharing of information and joint planning.
• Other duties as assigned by the supervisor to enable and develop LECORVAW programs
• Attention to minor details
• Excellent Communication skills including Ability to communicate complex ideas in simple terms.
• Excellent organizational skills.
• Previous experience in working in refugee s gatherings
• Previous experience in harsh environments
• Excellent negotiation skills
• Excellent computer skills including Microsoft office (word , excel )
• Bachelor Degree in social work, gender studies, social science or any other relevant programs.
• At least one year of social work and / or community mobilization experience with issues relating to violence against women and girls, gender and development, child protection or social change
• Have attended training on sector endorsed tools for GBV prevention and response such MY safety My wellbeing (UNICEF, IRC), Arab women speak out (UNICEF , IRC) , Citadel of protection (KAFA), Creative arts techniques(ABAAD, I m here approach (UNICEF/DRC)...etc is an added value.
• Clear understanding of gender inequality, and issues surrounding violence against women and girls.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality and respect for all beneficiaries at all times essential.
• Positive and professional attitude, able to organize, maintain composure and prioritize work under pressure, work overtime when necessary and be able to coordinate multiple tasks and maintain attention to detail.
• Ability to work as a member of a team essential.
• Fluency in Arabic and minimum English language knowledge is required
Key Working Relationships:
• Position reports to: GBV officer (technically) and Project manager
• Position supervises: Outreach workers
• Position works with: GBV officer, Case workers.
Travel and other requirements: Staff will be based in Tripoli.
• Resilience: This project will address some very difficult and sensitive social issues. Interested applicants should have a strong commitment to addressing women s rights with cultural sensitivity, respect, and confidentiality. Moreover, flexibility, a sense of humor and willingness to challenge social norms is a plus.