1. Plans and prepares for classroom instruction.
2. Identifies needed recourse and materials for classroom instruction.
3. Identifies resources to meet the needs of individual students.
4. Uses a variety of instructional strategies to meet varied student needs
5. Provides a positive classroom environment that promotes student learning
6. Establishes and maintains standards of student behaviour needed for an orderly, productive classroom and school
7. Identifies students who need support and extra help, works with them according to individual needs and regularly
reports to the coordinator about their progress
8. Designs ways to keep a class of multiple-intelligence actively involved at different levels
9. Motivates, encourages, finds interesting ways to keep the learning spirit high throughout the year
10. Operate and care for instructional equipment and materials as assigned by the teacher. This includes preparing the
room for the activity, obtaining the required material and equipment, operation of the equipment and the return of
all materials and equipment to storage.
11. Instruct and monitor students in the use and care of equipment and materials, in order to prevent injuries and
12. Conduct and provide a demonstration to teach such skills as sports, dance, song, games, storytelling and handicrafts.
13. Supervise students during non-instructional times, such as emergency drills, assemblies, cafeteria, restrooms, field
trips, hallways, playground and bus loading activities.
14. Assure the health and safety of students during movement from one centre to another by following established
practices and procedures and maintain the learning environment in a safe, orderly and clean manner.
15. Observe and control the behaviour of students in the classroom according to approved procedures, monitor students
during outdoor activities as directed, become familiar with student IEP goals and report progress regarding student
performance and behaviour.
1. Behaves politely and shows respect to all students to help build self-esteem in them.
2. Shows a sense of fairness to students and avoids partiality in all matters at all times.
3. Perform a variety of clerical duties in support of classroom activities, such as preparing, typing, copying and filing
instructional materials. Grade student tests and assignments, recording of grades and attendance, reports and
maintaining student records and files as assigned.
4. Completes student progress reports including behaviour report accurately and regularly and submits them to the
5. Maintains accurate, complete records as required by Ministry law (ADEK/MOE), school policies and procedures.
6. Informs parent regarding student progress, the instructional program and other school issues.
7. Complies with Ministry Law (ADEK/MOE), school policies and procedures.
8. Conducts student and parent orientation session in the class during the first month of school.
9. Communicates regularly/monthly with students that are experiencing academic difficulty, non-compliant students, or by request of the student/parent.
10. Collects assesses and provides timely feedback for assignments.
11. Participate in professional growth activities.
12. Participate in in-house training programs.
13. Prepares for and participates in annual performance evaluation and appraisals for staff.
14. Participate in teacher-parent conferences regarding students’ progress or problems.
15. Contributes to information and knowledge sharing among peers.
16. Keeps up to date with the latest instructional and professional techniques to enhance education.
17. Maintain portfolio recording his/her learning experiences and effectively uses them in their work.
18. Attend staff meetings as required.
19. Ability to work effectively with school staff, students, parents and members of the community.
20. Follow the communicated policies and procedures of the school.
21. Be familiar with emergency procedures.
22. Demonstrate professional responsibility and ethical behaviour.
23. Assume responsibilities outside the classroom (e.g. child safety and discipline in the corridor/play area etc.)
24. Demonstrate the ability to react well under pressure, handle and balance multiple demands at one time, work with frequent interruptions and perform duties and tasks at expected levels of professionalism.
25. Demonstrate extensive knowledge of, and ability to, perform duties in full compliance as per school requirement and
MOE/ADEK regulations, policies, procedures and activities are relevant to the duties of this position.
26. Demonstrate ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
27. Demonstrate the ability to use independent judgement and initiative to act without being asked.
28. Demonstrate effective and appropriate interpersonal relationships with students, colleagues and parents.
29. Respect the confidentiality of information regarding students and be discreet in dealing with parents and colleagues.
30. Undertake such other duties that may be required from time to time or whenever necessary for the smooth running of the school, as may be reasonably assigned. (e.g. emergency cover/substitution etc.)
31. Attend to arrival/dispersal/break duty as assigned.
32. Perform all other duties as assigned by supervisor(s).