Who we're looking for:
MTBE or Isobutylene, Metathesis or C4 Plant experience is preferred. Good u nderstanding of plant normal and specific operation mechanism and start/stop console and field operation s . Advanced understanding of instruments . Experience in Distributed Control Systems, Startups , Shut down and emergency shutdown systems. Thorough understanding of plant layout and operating process. High safety awareness level and implementing safety policy and hazard protection. Good command of the English language (Verbal and Written) .
Duties & Responsibilities:
· Perform or assist in the normal operation and start-up or shut down of assigned plant and facilities according to approved operating procedure or Instruction.
· Monitor operating conditions and make process adjustments either through the control system or by acquiring plant site information from field operator to ensure safe and efficient process operation and report any symptom or abnormality to Shift Supervisor.
· Review and back-check the results from field inspection and walk-through.
· Provide appropriate commands to Field Operators to liaise field work with console operation.
· Provide appropriate instruction to Field Operator for taking samples, and also positively involve process test such as chemical and physical test as required with proper coordination with Field Operator.
· Maintain log books and operating log sheets recording temperatures, pressures, flow rates, samples taken, volumes received and shipped, and the activities conducted during the shift with correct time stamps. Log should include Field operation as required.
· Respond to emergency or upset conditions taking necessary shutdown or process adjustment action to restore stable operating conditions in accordance with instruction of Shift Supervisor.
· Support or a ssist Shift supervisor if required .
· Communication with other section or vendor (user/supplier, utility, Inspection, or chemical vendor etc.) .
· Issuing work permit (as per permission level approved by S ection head)
· Making brief and efficient report (events, incidents, update, job progress, countermeasures taken etc.) to shift supervisor in a timely manner, and making firm handover with mark-up P&ID, drawings and sketches as required
· Provide coaching or appropriate technical advice to other console/field operators or sharing good and bad experiences with colleagues, upon request, to realize efficient and effective operations.
· Safe and proper communication at work and at shift handover