The Construction Manager provides on-site administrative, technical management, and leadership for the design and contract compliance, and construction of large multi-million dollar Government funded construction project at a specified project site.
(Typical duties include the following, although specific duties vary by assignment or contract.)
• Supervises the total construction effort to ensure the project is constructed in accordance with the design, budget and schedule.
• Ensures construction adheres to construction specifications.
• Reads, interprets, and deciphers all construction documents (schedules, specifications, blueprints, schematics, diagrams, etc. Provides technical assistance and interpretation of drawings, recommending construction methods and equipment as required.
• Logs, references, distributes, and files all related correspondence, drawings, and documents.
• Plans, coordinates, and supervises on-site functions (scheduling, material control, and day-to-day direction of on-site administrative staff, when assigned).
• Ensures all project staff and subcontractors employed to execute engineering-construction tasks conform to applicable work rules and SOPs for security, safety, environmental controls, hazardous materials and underground utilities.
• Visits construction sites and submits required construction reports to monitor progress against schedule/timelines.
• Cooperates with visiting Government and DI personnel conducting official inspection visits and surveys and participate in their briefing or orientation.
• Performs surveying work as needed in the PWS.
Manages the work of teams to procure and construct work.
• Leads, manages and mentors the assigned technical and professional staff responsible for the facilities construction management of tasks from contract development through construction completion.
• Attends meetings as required including design and construction reviews and construction kickoff meetings.
• Perform other qualified duties as assigned
Knowledge & Skills
• Must be
familiar with applicable US codes and standards for construction including
ASHRAE, NEC, Plumbing Codes (IPC or NPC) and Building & Fire codes.
Knowledge of cost controls, contractual and project management of international construction projects.
• Knowledge of construction materials, processes, techniques, and methods.
Effective leadership and interpersonal skills.
• Requires a thorough knowledge of practices, standards, and regulations as they apply to the design and construction of the regional camps forward operating bases, and major civil projects.
• Excellent communication and organizational skills are essential.
• Has the ability to use Project and Construction Management planning and reporting tools such as Microsoft Project.
Experience & Education
in Construction Management or comparable
• Minimum of seven (7) years of inspecting construction
related to utility systems, buildings, concrete and road construction
• Minimum of
seven (7) years of surveying and experience on AutoCAD 2007 or equivalent.
Experience in government funded projects in the Middle East and/or underdeveloped countries preferred.
• An EIT or Professional Certification/Project Management Certification is desired.
• Additional knowledge/skills may be required by contract or assignment.
Physical Requirements/Working Environment
• Works in a normal office environment with controlled temperature and lighting conditions.
• May be required to respond to a wide variety of operational circumstances, including extreme weather conditions and rudimentary infrastructure.