No two days are the same at Al-Futtaim, no matter what role you have. Our work is driven by the desire to make a difference and to have a meaningful impact with the goal of enriching everyday lives . Take our engaging and supportive work environment and couple it with a company culture that recognises and rewards quality performance, and what do you get? The chance to push the limits every single day.
As a humble family business that started on the banks of the Dubai Creek in the 1930s, Al-Futtaim has expanded to a presence in 31 countries, a portfolio of over 200 companies, and 42,000 employees. You ll find us in industries ranging from automotive and retail, to finance and real estate, and connecting people with international names like Lexus, Ikea, Robinsons, and Adidas. Our team is proudly multicultural and multinational because that kind of diverse representation gives us the global mindset to grow and impact the people, markets, and trends around us.
Come join us to live well, work better, and be the best.
Job Title: Legal Manager
Reports to: General Manager Group Legal (Real Estate & Construction)
Department: Group Legal
Location: Dubai, UAE
The Legal Manager will act as internal legal counsel and deal directly with the various businesses of the Al Futtaim Group. The candidate will be required to have a strong background in construction related matters, having extensively advised upon, negotiated, drafted, and reviewed, construction related documentation. He/she will also possess experience of real estate transactions and be conversant with relevant property laws and regulations. In addition, the role will require broad based, general commercial skills and experience, as the Legal Manager will be required to provide advice on a variety of matters (not necessarily confined to construction and real estate).
Supervision of staff:
Direct Reports: None
Paralegals: The Legal Manager will be required to oversee and supervise the work of two paralegals.
• Negotiate, draft, review and advise upon, all required legal and contractual documentation in relation to construction matters including construction contracts (FIDIC and bespoke), consultancy agreements, ancillary documents and tender documentation. Such contracts/agreements would include design and build contracts, build only contracts, supervision and design consultancy agreements, collateral warranties, performance and advance payment guarantees, sub-contracts etc.
• To also advise upon, draft and review real estate documentation, including leases (commercial, residential and retail), licences, sales and purchase agreements, facilities management agreements, supply/service agreements, property management agreements, development agreements, consultancy agreements, guarantees, amendment agreements, assignment agreements, settlement agreements, confidentiality agreements, hotel management agreements, MOUs, LOIs, and other related documents.
• From time to time, to provide advice in respect of more general commercial matters (including intellectual property, agency, distributorship, franchising, and finance issues) as well as advising on the management and conduct of various contentious matters (including arbitration).
• Ensure proper compliance by Group companies with applicable property laws and regulations, and internal Group policies. The Legal Manager (with input from external legal counsel) will also need to be familiar with applicable property laws in respect of Group businesses operating regionally and beyond.
• Provide legal consultation, advice and support to companies across the Group in respect of both existing and prospective matters, and to identify, contain and manage exposure and contingent risk.
Reporting directly to the General Manager (Group Legal) this position requires the ability to work well under pressure, successfully manage a demanding workload, meet deadlines, and to interact professionally with all levels of internal management and staff, as well as external parties.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, & SKILLS:
Academic and professional legal qualifications (Degree in law and qualification and admission as a lawyer/attorney/solicitor/barrister in home country).
Minimum Experience: 7 years post-qualification relevant experience
• Problem solving
• Decision making
• Strong commercial acumen
• Excellent negotiation skills
• Able to take on responsibility
• Work under pressure and deliver on time
• Proactive and flexible
• Able to handle numerous tasks at one time and prioritize them effectively
• Excellent written and communication skills
We re here to provide excellent service but a little help from you can ensure a five-star candidate experience from start to finish.
Before you click apply : Please read the job description carefully to ensure you can confidently demonstrate why this opportunity is right for you and take the time to put together a well-crafted and personalised CV to further boost your visibility. Our global Talent Acquisition team members are all assigned to specific businesses to ensure that we make the best matches between talent and opportunities. We not only consider the requisite compatibility of skills and behaviours, but also how candidates align with our Values of Respect, Integrity, Collaboration, and Excellence.
As part of our candidate experience promise, we also want to make ourselves available to you throughout the application process. We make every effort to review and respond to every application.
Industry Type :
Functional Area :
Lawyers / Legal Advisors