We are an EPC contractor working in the defence sector. We are looking for an experienced Construction Project Manager to plan and supervise a wide range of EPC construction projects from start to finish.
It is the responsibility of the Construction Project Manager to organize, supervise and coordinate the company’s projects and the on-site staff (daily communication with superintendents to each operating project is expected) in order to complete the work on schedule, within the budget and to the quality of workmanship specified.
The Construction Project Manager must be well-versed in all construction methodologies and the objectives of projects. The preferred candidate will have an analytical mind and exceptional organizational skills.
The Construction Project Manager will be required embrace continuous personal and professional development.
The Construction Project Manager will be required to meet assigned financial targets.
The Construction Project Manager will be an ambassador for our company and will have responsibilities for business development. The it is the Construction Project Manager is responsible to protect and promote our company’s interests in all matters and to do whatever is reasonably necessary to execute his/her duties and responsibilities which include, but are not limited to, the following.
• To provide leadership and to establish and maintain effective and harmonious project teams, with all those involved in the project,
• Manage in-house and external engineers, architects etc. to ensure the project requirements are efficiently and economically incorporated in to the project design.
• Assists in responding to solicitations and tenders, including bond origination.
• In conjunction with the commercial manager, negotiate contracts with external vendors to reach profitable agreements.
• To have a complete and thorough knowledge and understanding of the Contract Documents, the General Contract and the Subcontracts, and their administration, including notice requirements and change control.
• Determines and manages project resources (manpower, equipment and materials) from start to finish, with strict adherence with budgetary limitations.
• To see that the Project Schedule, incorporating dates and times for Client decisions, availability of design information, procurement of materials and subcontracts, lead times for fabrication, and field installation, is established and maintained
• Plan all construction operations and schedule intermediate phases to ensure deadlines will be met, including long lead and imports.
• Accurately monitors and reports the performance of all projects.
• To coordinate the functions of the estimating, scheduling, purchasing, accounting and operations departments as they relate to the progress and completion of the project under his/her direction.
• Provides accurate cost and construction progress information to the commercial team.
• Obtain permits and licenses from appropriate authorities.
• Acquire equipment and material and monitor stocks to ensure no shortage during projects execution.
• Supervise and monitor all project and teams to ensure quality standards are met, including remedial works.
• Managing the work of subcontractors.
• To organize and train the on-site staff to the requirements of the project, and to assure that those individuals whose functions require the knowledge and understanding of certain documents and procedures, receive and understand that information.
• Client facing.
• Chairing project meetings.
• Ensure compliance with all relevant health, safety and environmental standards, and regular reporting.
• Compliance with all company policies and procedures, including but not limited to ethics and business practice.
Industry Type :
Defence / Military / Government
Functional Area :
Desired Candidate Profile
• Proven experience as construction project manager.
• In-depth understanding of construction procedures and material and project management principles, including US Government contracting standards.
• Ability to read and interpret construction plans and drawings.
• Familiarity and adherence with international, best in class quality management systems and standards, including 3 phase quality reviews.
• Familiarity and adherence with international, best in class health and safety standards.
• High proficiency in using MS Office suit.
• Working knowledge of Primavera construction/ project management software.
• Working knowledge of AutoDesk software, including AutoCAD and Revit.
• Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to interact with executive level external and internal clients.
• Outstanding written and verbal communication skills in the English language.
• Outstanding negotiation skills in the English language.
• Highly organized, with the ability to identify and manage priorities.
• Strong analytical skills.
• Excellent organizational and time-management skills.
• Proven leadership attributes and formal leadership training.
• Ability to multi-task and work both in a team and independently.
• BSc/BA in engineering, building science or relevant field.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor Degree from an accredited institution in Architecture, Engineering, or Construction Management.
• 10-15 years practical experience in construction company, engineering or architectural practice.
• PMP or equivalent certification will be an advantage.
• NATO member military training and experience advantageous.
• HSE and first aid training.