Responsible for the diagnosis and treatment of medical diseases and conditions, as well as the provision of medical care in the field of Cardiac Critical Care, in accordance with current medical staff bylaws, rules and regulations and the hospital's policies and procedures.
Post-qualification board certification with one of the following:
• USA: The American Board of Medical Specialties (ABMS)
• Canada: Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons (RCPS-C)
• UK: GMC/CCST Specialist Register
• Germany: Facharzt Specialist Certificate
• Sweden: Swedish Board
• Australia and New Zealand: Fellowship from the Royal College or New Zealand College
Basic medical degree from recognized institution
• Current and clean medical license to practice in country of origin / country of practice
Experience Post Post-Qualifications
• Seven (7) years of training in specialty or subspecialty plus post-training experience required.
• Provides required patient care and management in the field of Cardiac Critical Care in accordance with standards of medical care laid down by KFSH&RC.
• Provides Cardiac Critical Care to patients with medical and surgical conditions.
• Assumes responsibility for patients under his! her care. Liaises with various support service departments and medical specializations to provide appropriate and timely medical care, in accordance with the standards laid down by KFSH&RC.
• Complies with all hospital standards and policies pertaining to acceptance, eligibility, admission processes, consultation, daily patient care and patient discharge.
• Admits patients, initiates investigations and ensures findings are recorded. Assesses patients' diseases or conditions to determine appropriate therapeutic modalities! procedures.
• Conducts ward rounds as per policy and reassesses inpatients under care. Documents findings in medical records.
• Ensures appropriate patient preparation for procedures and performs procedures as indicated in the signed clinical privilege form.
• Follows up on investigation results for inpatients and modifies treatment accordingly.
• Attends assigned shift as per department schedule.
• Implements Clinical Pathways Guidelines for the department.
• Performs any other clinical responsibilities, as assigned.
• Directs and advises junior staff on patient management, especially in the field of Cardiac Critical Care.
• Guides and actively participates in the training and teaching of Residents, Fellows, Assistant Consultants and junior staff.
• Keeps abreast with all the latest techniques and developments, especially in field of Cardiac Critical Care, following and implementing them on a selective basis to improve technical standards.
• Actively participates in the educational activities and training programs of the department.
• Participates in national and international medical conferences.
• Participates in clinical, basic and translational research projects and publishes papers in accordance with Research Advisory Council Policy in order to advance knowledge, improve the quality of post graduate education and contribute to the national and international recognition of KFSH&RC.
• Undertakes the administrative duties assigned by Head of Section or Chairman of the department.
• Participates in all mandatory departmental activities and serves on departmental and hospital committees, as required.
• Assists the department in the development and implementation of techniques and practices that help maximize the utilization of all resources within the department and across the hospital.
• Abides by the current hospital and medical staff bylaws, all relevant rules, regulations and policies and, keeps updated of any changes that might occur.
• Performs any other related duties, as assigned.