Consultant - ENT
Aldara Hospital and Medical Center
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Aldara Hospital and Medical Center (AHMC) is a leading healthcare center consisting of a state of the art hospital and an advanced outpatient facility in Riyadh, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. AHMC is at the forefront of healthcare technology, providing superior healthcare services and promoting wellness within the community. Developed by Aldara Medical Corporation in partnership with Henry Ford Health System, the AHMC represents Aldara s dedication to make quality healthcare services accessible and affordable. At Aldara we strive to deliver clinical excellence and singular patient care, underpinned by a high level of integrity and transparency in everything we do. We aim to be a role model for the Saudi healthcare system.
Responsible for the diagnosis and treatment of medical diseases and conditions, as well as the provision of medical care in the related field, in accordance with current medical staff bylaws, rules and regulations and the hospital s policies and procedures.
Education / Qualification Required:
Post-qualification board certification with one of the following:
• USA: The American Board of Medical Specialties (ABMS)
• Canada: Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons (RCPS-C)
• UK: GMC/CCST Specialist Register
• Germany: Facharzt Specialist Certificate
• Sweden: Swedish Board
• Australia and New Zealand: Fellowship from the Royal College or New Zealand College
Basic medical degree from recognized institution
Experience Post Post-Qualifications:
• Minimum three years of relevant experience in country of origin / country of practice
• Current and clean medical license to practice in country of origin / country of practice
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provide satisfactory, high quality medical care to patients in general, and more specifically to those with disorders in related field, including the provision of appropriate consultative services as requested by other inpatient and outpatient consultants, in accordance with standards of medical care laid down by Aldara.
• Assumes responsibility for patients under his care. Liaises with various support service departments and medical specializations to provide appropriate and timely medical care, in accordance with the standards laid down by Aldara.
• Complies with Aldara Hospital standards and policies pertaining to acceptance, eligibility, admission processes, consultation, daily patient care, operating room, outpatient practices, and patient discharge to be in alignment with Hospital Vision to achieve the unparalleled patient experience.
• Admits patients, initiates investigations and ensures findings are recorded. Assesses patients diseases or conditions to determine appropriate therapeutic modalities/procedures.
• Conducts ward rounds as per policy and reassesses inpatients under care. Documents findings in medical records.
• Ensures appropriate patient preparation for procedures/surgery and performs procedures/surgery as indicated in the signed clinical privilege form.
• Follows up on investigation results for inpatients and outpatients and modifies treatment accordingly.
• Attends specialty clinics, outpatient clinics, day surgical units, day medical units, special procedures, treatment areas and shares on-call schedule as per requirements.
• Performs other clinical responsibilities, as assigned.
• Directs and advises junior staff on patient management, especially in the related field.
• Guides and actively participates in the training and teaching of Residents, Fellows, Specialists and Senior Specialists.
• Keeps abreast with all the latest techniques and developments, especially in the related field, following and implementing them on a selective basis to improve technical standards.