Responsible for the diagnosis and treatment of medical diseases and conditions, mainly those caused by or related to infectious diseases, as well as the provision of medical care in the area of infectious diseases, in accordance with current medical staff bylaws, rules and regulations and the hospital s policies and procedures
Essential Responsibilities and Duties
* Clinical Responsibilities
- Assists in identifying and managing patients who have been infected by illnesses caused by a specific disease-causing organism and take measures to prevent infection from person to person whether in the hospital or the community.
-Assists in the tracking and reporting of the spread of infectious diseases by maintaining close contact with public health professionals from public health organizations.
-Provides required patient care and management in the area of infectious diseases in accordance with standards of medical care laid down by KFSH&RC.
-Assumes responsibility for patients under his care. L iaises with various support service departments and medical specializations to provide appropriate and timely medical care, in accordance with the standards laid down by KFSH&RC.
-Complies with all hospital standards and policies pertaining to acceptance, eligibility, admission processes, consultation, daily patient care, operating room, outpatient practices, and patient discharge.
-Admits patients, initiates investigations and ensures findings are recorded. Assesses patients diseases or conditions to determine appropriate therapeutic modalities/ procedures.
-Conducts ward rounds as per policy and reassesses inpatients under care. Documents findings in medical records.
-Ensures appropriate patient preparation for procedures/ surgery and performs procedures/ surgery as indicated in the signed clinical privilege form.
-Follows up on investigation results for inpatients and outpatients and modifies treatment accordingly.
-Attends room) upon request partmentcare. Documents findings in medical records. n and controbute speciality clinics, outpatient clinics, day surgical units, day medical units, special procedures, treatment areas and shares on- call schedule as per requirements.
-Performs any other clinical responsibilities, as assigned.
* Academic Responsibilities
- Directs and advices junior staff on patient management, especially in the area of specialization.
-Guides and actively participates in the training and teaching of Residents, Fellows, Assistant Consultants and junior staff.
-Keeps abreast with all the latest techniques and developments, especially in area of specialization, following and implementing them on a selective basis to improve technical standards.
-Actively participates in the educational activities and training programs of the department.
-Participates in national and international medical conferences.
* Research Responsibilities
- Participates in clinical, basic and translational research projects and publishes papers in accordance with Research Advisory Council Policy in order to advance knowledge, improve the quality of post graduate education and contribute to the national and international recognition of KFSH&RC.
* Administrative Responsibilities
- Undertakes the administrative duties assigned by Head of Section or Chairman of the department.
-Participates in all mandatory departmental activities and serves on departmental and hospital committees, as required.
-Assists the department in the development and implementation of techniques and practices that help maximize the utilization of all resources within the department and across the hospital.
-Abides by the current hospital and medical staff bylaws, all relevant rules, regulations and policies and keeps updated of any changes that might occur.
-Performs any other related duties, as assigned.
-Participates in self and others education, training and development, as applicable.
-Follows all established hospital policies and procedures
Refer to the approved Credentialing guidelines
Seven (7) years of training in specialty or subspecialty plus post-training experience required