Those looking to pursue a Consultant level post with this hospital will require:
1-year post specialist qualification experience.
Main countries accepted: UK, USA, Canada, Ireland, Australia, France and other main European countries.
Please note that qualifications are accepted from other worldwide locations such as Jordan, Pakistan and South Africa based upon an equivalent qualification according to the equivalence tables of QCHP
Salary for clinical, academic, administrative and quality improvement work is based on experience and qualifications. There is no additional overtime compensation as a Special Allowance is already provided for this purpose.
Gratuity: 1 month s basic salary per annum
Increments: Annual increment based upon performance appraisal
Contract Duration: 36 months renewable
Contract Status: Married (if required) Self, spouse and 3 children (up to 18 years)
Accommodation: Provided free of charge Fully furnished (or allowance)
Utilities: 600 Qatari Riyal per month if taking assigned accommodation
Baggage Allowance: For shipping or unaccompanied baggage
Flights: For you and your family at the start and end of the contract year Business class
Leave: 50 days per annum, including local holidays - can be split
Education Allowance: For up to 3 children - 18 or under
Study Leave: 9 days after 18 months service Fees and flights paid
Medical cover: Company scheme for nominal fees for yourself and your family.
Transport: 1000 Qatari Riyal per month allowance
Hours of work: 9 p.m. and 8 a.m. Nocturnist will provide total 26 weeks of night coverage annually.
On call: As required per speciality
Role: Nocturnist role is to help improve the quality and safety of care of adult medical inpatients at night.The Nocturnist will do this through on-site Consultant-delivered direct care and direct/indirect supervision of trainees between the hours of 9 p.m. and 8 a.m
1. The Nocturnist is responsible for organizing, monitoring, and maintaining the clinical services provided within the department at night in order to achieve the highest possible level of patient care with optimum utilization of the available resources.
2. Adheres to policies, guidelines, plans and programs of the program and Corporation.
3. Nocturnist will provide total 26 weeks of night coverage annually.
4. All leaves are to be taken in remaining 26 weeks.
5. Reports for duty at 9 PM. On arrival meets face-to-face for handover from Medicine Consultants/Coordinator on preceding evening shift and meets with the Trainees who are working overnight to coordinate delivery of care by them as a team (9 - 10 p.m.). At the end of shift Nocturnists will handover relevant issues to appropriate Medicine Consultants/Coordinator/other providers and complete all administrative duties (7 - 8 a.m.).
6. Duties include
a. Triaging patients from the ED for admission or discharge or referrals to other services, evaluating and staffing all new admissions to AMAU, evaluating inpatients, supporting Code Blue/RRT as needed, Procedures as indicated and other clinical support as needed.
b. Providing Medical Consultations..
c. Direct and Indirect supervision and support of Department of Medicine trainees.
d. Coordinating Flow of inpatients with the Coordinator and Bed Management.
e. Resolution of clinical and administrative issues that may arise overnight.
f. Maintaining work log to quantify workload.
g. Documentation of above in medical record as per JCI, HMC and program standards.
h. Collection of quality data and participation quality improvement as indicated.
i. Participates in the various committees as assigned.
j. Participates in the planning and delivery of education and research activities.
k. Performs other duties as assigned/directed by the supervisor.
l. Total working hours are approximately 2000 hours annually. This includes weekends, holidays and 10% time for Continuing Professional Development and administrative activities.
m. Salary for above clinical, academic, administrative and quality improvement work is based on experience and qualifications. There is no additional overtime compensation as a Special Allowance is already provided for this purpose.
n. Mandatory requirement for acquiring and maintaining QCHP medical license.
o. Mandatory to complete and maintain clinical privileges.
p. Mandatory to comply with Revalidation guidelines and standards.