The role will involve identifying and managing a project and tender opportunities for major residential, commercial and industrial projects, as well as providing comprehensive technical and commercial support to customers and account sales teams. You will also need to promote Taqeef products and specify HVAC solutions for clients/consultants (private and government) across Dubai & Northern Emirates, Abu Dhabi & Al Ain regions.
• Research, investigate and make the first contact with and follow up all potential project opportunities for HVAC products, targeting jobs where the outright specification of equipment is required in order to achieve short/long-term goals and overall sales targets.
• Establish and follow a sales routine to visit consultants, specifiers, and end-users on a monthly basis.
• Develop long term business relationships.
Closing new business:
• Achieve targets for new business through sales visits with key contacts targeting architects, consultants, clients, and MEP consultants.
• Lead consultations by positioning the most appropriate product and solution to meet customer and business needs. Identify opportunities to cross-sell products and services across the UAE.
• Co-operate and support the sales team through consultant coverage to ensure high growth and an active project pipeline.
• Propose the necessary marketing strategies in order to increase opportunities for gaining specifications.
• Drive an effective network that facilitates co-operation and trust both externally (cross-regional) and internally within the business (both sales and non-sales).
• Attend regular internal sales meetings in order to exchange information on customers and potential targets as well as specific projects. Share knowledge and leads with relevant individuals and teams.
• Attend periodic meetings with consultants to update information on project status and collect information on potential prospects.
• Lead the development of new/adapted processes. Pass on inquiries to design and selection department to collate and present a full proposal to consultant, specifier and/or end-user
Developing large customers:
• Research and populate contact database of prospects, targets, and customers.
• Initiate and lead the design and development of tailored solutions using Taqeef s products that support customer and business requirements.
• Involve relevant Taqeef functions (Engineering Centre, Account Sales team) to evaluate the technical viability of the solution and ensure quality standards are adhered to.
Administration and reporting:
• Support divisional performance tracking and strategic planning by completing accurate and on-time standardized and ad-hoc reports of Sales KPI s (sales activities, risks, commitments etc).
• Develop and provide reports that meet agreed customer requirements and support miscellaneous admin tasks.
• Maintain and monitor project record system (CRM).
• Maintain a contact database (CRM) showing a history of calls and appointments together with a forward planner showing introduction, presentation, follow up, tenders out, tenders back and contract awarded for all prospects, targets, and customers. Produce a monthly report for submission to the Senior Management.
The ideal candidate will need to demonstrate the following competencies:
• Team alignment: builds effective working relationships within own team, other functions (internal/external) and customer base to achieve set goals. Demonstrates a positive attitude and behaves with dignity and respect for others.
• Communication: communicates in an effective and engaging manner. Ensures understanding and confirms and clarifies when necessary.
• Results and customer focus achieves key deadlines with work of appropriate standard/quality that provides an enhanced solution. Persistent in achieving goals using the right methods despite obstacles and frustrations.
• Solving problems: determines the root cause of problems, identifies potential solutions and implements appropriate / approved solutions. Gathers and analyses relevant data and correctly determines the root cause of problems. Anticipates potential risks and recommends solutions.
• Business and technical expertise: use professional, technical, business and Taqeef knowledge in a way that adds to the business. Demonstrates commercial awareness and recognises potential business opportunities and risks, bringing these to the attention of management.
Qualifications, Experience, Knowledge & Skills
• Mechanical engineering degree preferred or other four-year BS technical degree in HVAC
• HVAC industry and technical field sales experience is essential
• Experience in sales of HVAC products via specification , preferably in a multilevel environment to both residential and commercial projects customers
• Excellent communication skills in both written and verbal English. Arabic is preferred but not essential
• Broad functional experience in strategic planning, sales, marketing, market development, and promotion
• Excellent negotiation and customer management skills
• Highly motivated self-starter with the ability to work well within a team environment
• Good financial acumen, strong commercial awareness, presentation skills, and consultative sales capabilities
• Understanding of Building Regulations (LEED, ASHRAE) preferred
• Strong product knowledge of Chillers, Decorative and Duct Units, Airside and VRF.
• IT Skills: MS Office: Advanced (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook) and Sales CRM tools
To apply for the role, please use candidate s portal link below