In fast changing markets, customers worldwide rely on Thales. Thales is a business where brilliant people from all over the world come together to share ideas and inspire each other. In aerospace, transportation, defence, security and space, our achitects design innovative solutions that make our tomorrow's possible.
The role of the Senior Consultant Cyber Security is to provide Consultation and cost effective advice on the management of security and information risk consistent with regulations to our clients.
You ll be the focal point for resolution of security and information risk matters to the client as well as being able to identify, analyze and evaluate information risks which in turn you will then relay to the risk owners and other stakeholders the causes, likelihood and potential business impacts of information risks throughout the information system lifecycle.
To deliver this service you ll:
• Provide of the Security and Information Risk Advisor service across a range of business units, sites, projects or other change activities. Work on assignments with non-standard security issues, operational environments, architectural patterns and/or complex supply chains
• Select appropriate risk assessment techniques for use across the client program
• Identify information risks which are systemic across the program or business
• Understand and provide guidance on the threat environment
• Recommend implementation of new security controls across the program or enterprise to provide more cost effective risk mitigation in the long term and ensures these are traceable
• Contribute to the development of security strategies, policies, guidance and awareness and align these with local risk management practices
• Integrate information risk management into program risk management
• Manage security incidents escalated from a Security and Information Risk Advisor in accordance with applicable policies and standards
• Plan and manage delivery of a security work program
• Manage or supervise Security & Information Risk Advisors.
• Support the development of appropriate and proportionate documentation to inform risk management decisions, ensuring these are expressed in terms meaningful to the business
• Investigate security incidents and opportunities for Forensic Readiness process improvements
• Seek further cyber security opportunities whilst on customer assignment
• Provide regular threat guidance.
• Lead cyber security solution design and deployment
• Deliver knowledge transfer and training session
• Contribute to pre-sales activities (PoC, RFx, Presentations)
You ll come from a Cyber Security Consulting or Professional services business. You ll have the ability to work with challenging deadlines and competing priorities along with excellent attention to detail with a methodical approach and excellent time management skills. You ll demonstrate the ability to multitask and manage high volumes of work.
We are looking for a Customer focused self-starter who can deliver results. This is a consultancy role and you WILL BE REQUIRED TO TRAVEL typically working on the client sites with delivery partners and client teams. You may even be required to work overseas on some projects. We are extremely keen to speak to people who have experience of working on cyber security solution design and Implementation; security operation center (SOC) projects.
Together we offer fantastic opportunities for committed employees to learn and develop their career with us. Your health and well-being matters to us and that s why we offer you the flexibility to do what s important to you; whether that s part time hours, job sharing, home working, or the ability to flex your start and finish times. Where possible, we support a working pattern that suits your lifestyle and helps you reach your ambitions.
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!