Job Description & Summary
In Consulting, you will have the opportunity to work closely with the best across industry and professional functional advisory services. We focus on helping solve client problems by offering both strategic and operational deep industry expertise. We pride ourselves on building long-lasting relationships with companies and organizations, always ensuring that we are able to bring the best insights and solutions to help them tackle whatever critical issues they may face. Our Consulting practice currently focuses on several core industry sectors including (Consumer and Industrial Products & Services, Energy, Utilities & Mining, Financial Services, Government, Health Industries, Finance Function, People and Organisations, and Technology)
Business Unit Overview
The Financial Services Consulting team provides a full range of services to our Banking & Financial Services clients, including Strategy and Revenue Growth (Entry strategy, Product portfolio analysis, Business plan development and Optimization of revenue generation), Operational excellence (Organization restructuring, Corporate governance development, Organisation transformation, Performance Management, Outsourcing & Shared Services strategies and Cost optimisation), Risk consulting (Risk appetite definition, Risk framework development, Risk reviews and alignment), Technology enablement (System selections, Implementation program management) and Analytics.
We are a growing team and looking for dynamic, flexible, proactive and hardworking experienced consultants who have a passion for shaping financial services positively in the GCC over the coming years. We have a strong pipeline of large, transformational opportunities with our clients which will provide great opportunities for all our people to step up and play significant and rewarding roles.
As a Senior Associate, you ll work as part of a team of problem solvers with extensive consulting and industry experience, helping our clients solve their complex business issues from strategy to execution. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Responsible for leading tracks on engagements and independently lead specific deliverables in engagements.
• Responsible to face off with clients and should be comfortable in client handling.
• Prepare, manage and deliver assignments: typically have day-to-day responsibility for managing small assignments or major modules of assignments depending on assignment size.
• Service a wide variety of clients, getting to know their unique business and needs.
• Work with clients including private and listed companies, partnerships, trusts and individuals.
• Manage project teams and participate in a collaborative team, with a focus on knowledge sharing and thought leadership.
• Supervise and train Consultants assign and coach junior members of the project team on execution of fieldwork.
• Perform other job-related duties as necessary.
• Work with colleagues in all Middle Eastern offices on client work and internal initiatives as well as with international teams where appropriate.
• Keep up to date with current trends from the region and from across the world. Demonstrate teamwork and responsibility with the engagement team members; stay abreast of current business and economic developments relevant to the client s business; and use current technology and tools to enhance the effectiveness of services provided.
• Whilst working with and being an integral part of the Strategy and Operations team, you will develop your understanding of the key themes in the market and in the region. You will work collaboratively with other Financial Services experts to shape the future of our clients and to bring about positive change. You will have access to all of the latest training and development tools and the support of the wider PwC network.
• Education: Bachelor s degree in Finance, Business, and Economics, Quantitative Analysis or other related major required.
• Ideally CA/CFA/MBA or equivalent.
• Intermediate understanding of banking and financial services organisations and operations.
• Should be able to work additional hours as needed and travel to various client sites.
• Should have gained previous experience in managing staff and the ability to demonstrate leadership skills.
• Should have relationship and business development skills acquired from previous working environments.
• Ability to work with Feasibility Study, MIS Reporting, Cash Flow Modelling, Analysis of Balance Sheet and P& L.
• Proven ability to conduct industry, market research and articulate opinions.
• Should have a consulting mind set and experience.
• Strong presentation skills; business writing skills and project management skills
• Excellent analytical, communication, organizational, interpersonal, and teaming skills
• PC proficiency including MS Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Attention to detail, with genuine appetite for growth
• Relationship- focused (with clients, peers, management, etc.) and excels in a team- oriented work environment.
• Shows creativity in problem solving.
• Self-motivation to take initiative for personal growth and development.
Minimum years experience required
• Ideally 4 - 7 years of experience
Education (if blank, degree and/or field of study not specified)
Degrees/Field of Study required:
Degrees/Field of Study preferred:
Certifications (if blank, certifications not specified)
Desired Languages (If blank, desired languages not specified)
Industry Type :
Accounting & Auditing
Functional Area :
Finance / Treasury