At PwC, we measure success by our ability to create the value that our clients and our people are looking for. Our reputation lies in building lasting relationships with our clients and a focus on delivering value in all we do. We re a network of firms in 158 countries with more than 236,000 people who are committed to delivering world-class capabilities and quality in assurance, tax and advisory services.
Established in the region for 40 years, PwC Middle East employs over 4,200 people across 12 countries. Complementing our depth of industry expertise and breadth of skills is our sound knowledge of local business environments across the Middle East region. Our tailored solutions help our clients meet the challenges and opportunities of doing business in the Middle East market and beyond.
Line of Service
Job Description & Summary
Line of Service Overview
In Consulting, you will have the opportunity to work closely with the best across industry and professional functional advisory services. We focus on helping solve client problems by offering both strategic and operational deep industry expertise. We pride ourselves on building long-lasting relationships with companies and organizations, always ensuring that we are able to bring the best insights and solutions to help them tackle whatever critical issues they may face. Our Consulting practice currently focuses on several core sectors including Consumer and Industrial Products & Services, Energy, Utilities & Mining, Financial Services, Government, Health Industries, Finance Function, People and Organizations and Technology.
Business Unit Overview
The Technology Consulting team is shaping the Digital and IT market in the GCC. Working with Public and private sector clients to help them improve overall value delivered to their customers and employees by formulating digital strategies and help them in the implementation. We are helping clients unlock the potential of digital by increasing their customer engagement, providing their employees with powerful tools, and helping them optimize and digitize their operations.
We are a growing team and looking for dynamic, flexible, proactive and hardworking consultants who have a passion for shaping digital and IT positively in the GCC over the coming years. We have a strong pipeline of large, transformational opportunities with our clients which will provide great opportunities for all our people to step up and player significant and rewarding roles in an entrepreneurial and innovation driven environment.
As a Manager, you ll work as part of a team of problem solvers with extensive consulting and industry experience, helping our clients solve their complex business issues from strategy to execution. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Work under the supervision of senior managers within the Technology Consulting practice.
• Capture and review the as-is Data architecture.
• Define target Data architectures with their supporting components as well as required protocols.
• Design the data elements including the structure, relationships, constraints and requirements.
• Support in product/ service data requirements and selection activities by supporting the RFP/ RFI development.
• Identify and develop the data architecture reference models and standards.
• Collect data information and build data models and dictionaries.
• Build and develop analytical models, KPIs and dashboards.
• Communicate effectively (both verbal and writing) with both IT personnel, executives and user communities.
• Coordinates, facilitates and makes presentations.
• Support in business development activities by developing technical proposals.
• Ability to contribute to the development RFPs for the procurement of IT solutions.
• Work with colleagues across all Middle Eastern offices on client engagements and internal initiatives as well as with international teams.
• Conduct research on emerging technologies and disseminate knowledge to Technology consultants and clients where required.
• Assist in developing new service offering for the Technology business unit in the domains of data analytics.
• Whilst working in the Technology team you will further build on your understanding of the key themes in the market and in the region.
• Work collaboratively with other Technology experts to shape the future of our clients and to bring about positive change.
• You will have access to all of the latest training and development tools and the support of the wider PwC network.
• Strong understanding of data analytics concepts, tools and requirements.
• Achievement oriented with the ability to be flexible and adaptive on a daily basis.
• Excellent organisational skills, having the ability to prioritise your workload whilst being resilient and able to cope well under pressure and meet tight deadlines
• Good understanding of one or more of the emerging technologies and trends (Big Data) is a plus
• Excellent problem solving skills with a structured thinking process
• Strong time-management and organizational skills
• Ability to learn new concepts and carry out technical research
• Proven IT skills in Microsoft Office and G-suite applications
• Language Skills: Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) in English and Arabic
• The ability and willingness to travel within the Middle East
Minimum years experience required
• 8-10 years of experience in in data management and data integration including data storage/access models, legacy data architectures, business intelligence tools, data visualization and reporting tools, ETL tools, data warehousing, data format and messaging standards, database design, integration and open standards.
Education and Certifications
• B.A/ B.Sc. in Computer Engineering or related field.
• M.Sc. in Computer Engineering or related field is preferred.
• Certification in TOGAF enterprise architecture framework is required.
• Certified Data Management Professional from DAMA is a plus.
Education (if blank, degree and/or field of study not specified)
Degrees/Field of Study required:
Degrees/Field of Study preferred:
Certifications (if blank, certifications not specified)
Desired Languages (If blank, desired languages not specified)
Up to 60%
Available for Work Visa Sponsorship?
Government Clearance Required?
Job Posting End Date
July 31, 2018
Industry Type :
Accounting & Auditing
Functional Area :
Corporate Planning / Consulting / Strategy / M&A