Content & Social Media Specialist- MENA
ConsenSys is the leading firm in blockchain technology globally, amassing the tools and people needed to build a decentralized future. We are 800+ blockchain experts, entrepreneurs, computer scientists, designers, engineers, consultants, and business leaders across six continents who are motivated by the desire to create a healthier, more balanced world where equity is spread among those creating value, and new efficiencies are achieved across all industries. ConsenSys is a venture production studio, incubating 45+ projects building on the Ethereum blockchain.
We have ambitious goals. We are ambitious people. We believe in what we do and we believe in the team doing it.
Content and Social Media at ConsenSys:
The Content and Social Media teams work closely with the Marketing, Solutions, and ConsenSys spokes (incubated projects being built on Ethereum), to create messaging, engaging articles, infographics and social posts to drive thought leadership and develop the ConsenSys brand. By positioning ConsenSys in the social, and general media landscape the team will further our mission of building and scaling a world where distributed applications and the Ethereum world computer enable a new class of frictionless, global commerce with inclusion for all.
As we continue to scale and grow in the Middle East and North Africa region (MENA), we are in need of a content and social media marketer with an understanding and genuine interest in the blockchain space to lead our content and social media strategy in the region.
• Find stories and interesting topics for blogs, social and video content and follow through with creation and execution.
• Support the management, copywriting, creation and distribution of content (emails, blog posts, infographics, reports etc.)
• Ghostwriting, editing and supporting key regional Executives in developing their written voice and building their profile in MENA.
• Develop and execute content and social media calendar for MENA region that ensures always on presence, amplifies regional content and showcases key regional projects.
• Implement strategic SEO tools for optimization on all social media channels.
• Maintain user engagement on social media accounts and respond to user comments and questions.
• Analyze, review, and report on the effectiveness of content and social media campaigns in order to continually optimise output.
• Collaborate with Global and EMEA Social Media team and the other members of the Marketing team (Design, Content, Video, Growth, etc).
• 3+ years in content writing, editing, curating
• 3+ years in social media marketing or related field
• Arabic written proficiency is a must
• Experience creating content that drives engagement and lead generation.
• Exceptional writer with a solid understanding of grammar (no need to be a prescriptivist, but you should know the rules).
• Interest in new technology, with a basic understanding of Blockchain and Ethereum
• Proven track record of SEO and optimisation and user acquisition on social channels.
• Demonstrated success in social media campaigns, and as part of an integrated campaign strategy.
• Likes talking, learning and working with others to tell their stories and learn from them.
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work across global teams to make things happen.
• Self-confident, self-motivated and highly-organized with a strong sense of personal accountability.
• Is obsessed with social media and loves finding new tactics and ways to engage their audience.
• Has a sense of humour!
• Is willing and able to travel & attend events (in exchange for flexible work hours)
What Makes Someone Successful at ConsenSys?
• ConsenSys is a decentralized, holacratic (non-hierarchical) company that is distributed across 28 countries - you need to be extremely self directed and self motivated as there is no one telling you what to do
• Must be comfortable prioritizing and working with teams to identify needs and timing
• Need to be very open and collaborative. Must be respectful and conscious of everyone s opinions and needs while also ensuring personal transparency by including relevant stakeholders in your work
• Demonstrated success in taking a service-oriented approach and high level of ownership
• Ideally have experience working in a startup environment where you have had to wear many hats at a time (and those hats may change periodically)
• Experience working cross-functionally in a matrix environment and being the connective tissue between many different teams and collaborators
• Comfortable with a bit of organized chaos :-)
Why this is the Opportunity of a Lifetime
We are in the early phases of adoption of an entirely new wave of technology that will fundamentally disrupt every industry. Ethereum is leading the way with over 1000 DApps built on top of the platform and a community of developers that is tens of times larger than the next community. ConsenSys is a leader in the Ethereum space, working with startups, enterprises, governments, and nonprofits on projects across all industries and topics.