The GrEEK Campus is seeking a writer to join the editorial team to write and report stories about the company; its business lines and initiatives; and the impact of the We community for our Newsroom. The role reports to the head of the community.
This position offers a unique opportunity to bring The GrEEK Campus to life for an audience of employees and potential employees, members and potential members, and the broader public. This role is responsible for brainstorming, pitching, reporting, and writing stories that cover the world of The GrEEK Campus. He or she will help shape corporate storytelling and will assist with executive thought leadership and other corporate narratives, always ensuring that our voice and tone are on-brand. He or she will generate creative ways to feature team members and participate in other editorial initiatives, including assigning and editing stories when the opportunity arises.
The writer will collaborate with members of the public affairs team on priorities and key campaigns; with the design research and data visualization teams to glean data; with the internal communications team to align on employee narratives; and with the social media and video production teams to package and produce stories, among other departments. In addition, this role will be responsible for defining and providing editorial services for the company s content needs.
The right candidate must have proven journalism experience, comfort working with data, relationship management skills, and sound news judgment. He or she will bring an entrepreneurial approach to the role as a natural networker and self-starter, and a high level of comfort with navigating personalities and team dynamics in a fast-moving and fluid environment.
• Report and write stories about The GrEEK Campus, its business lines and initiatives; members; employees
• Define and maintain the company voice and tone in corporate storytelling
• Brainstorm and pitch ideas for stories and new types of features and formats, and assign and edit them when the opportunity arises
• Identify employees and creative ways to feature them in the service of interesting stories, and serve as a point of contact between internal teams and the editorial team
• Write engaging and creative display copy, and produce stories
• Work with content producers to come up with the best way to visually execute stories, and liaise with the social media team to package stories effectively
• Collaborate with other members of the Public Affairs team as well as with other departments, and draft executive thought leadership pieces and other corporate narratives when the opportunity arises
• Define and provide editorial services for internal teams that need content
• Attend company events outside of regular work hours when necessary
• Monitor and maintain editorial tracker for all owned projects