Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently looking to recruit a Contracts Administrator to work within the ZADCO Project Team to be responsible for the proper administration of the project Agreement. In this regard, this position is responsible for ensuring that all of the Company's dealings with the contractor are handled in accordance with the requirements of the Agreement as well as the ZADCO procedures.
The Contracts Administrator is also responsible for working with the contractor to ensure that all subcontracts are awarded to qualified subcontractors and in a manner consistent with the terms of the Agreement.
• Interprets the Agreement on behalf of the Project Team
• Ensures timely Contractor's deliverable of commercial nature such as Performance Bond, Advance Payment Bank Guarantee, Insurance Certificates, Release Certificate etc as per the Contract requirements
• Helps draft all formal correspondence with the contractor in a professional way to ensure it complies with the Agreement and avoid creation a source for potential claim by Contractor
• Maintains a Variations log and manages timely conclusion of each request
• Handles all Variation requests working with other members of the Project Team (e.g. Project Controls, Engineering, etc.) as required and negotiates the cost and schedule impacts of Variations (as needed) and obtain approval as per ZADCO Commercial Processes and DOA
• Analyze Contractor's Claims and, try to settle them as per the Contract's provisions or refer the case to Legal Department as per ZADCO's Claim Settlement Process for finalization as per the Dispute Resolution Provisions in the Contract
• Prepares ZADCO's Claims including Insurance and. Warranty Claims and liaise with Legal & Insurance for handling
• Reviews and approves subcontracting procedures and subcontract templates
• Works with the contractor's Subcontracts Manager to tender major subcontracts and coordinates processing the award recommendations for Company's approval
• Monitors the contractor's compliance with the Project schedule with respect to the subcontracting work to ensure that subcontracts are issued as planned
• Coordinates Company's review and approval of requests for Milestone Certificates once all pre-requisites are met
• Arranges for Close out of the Contract and the Contractor's Performance Evaluation Report Assists in reviewing the monthly Procurement progress calculations
• Process all Service Orders requested by the Project Team as per ZADCO Service Order Procedure
Skills / Qualifications
• Bachelors degree in an Engineering discipline is preferred
• Training in business law and general business practices is preferred
• Professional qualification, e.g. RICS (Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors) or equivalent certifications is an advantage
• Minimum of 15 years' experience in post award administration of different types of contracts; mainly high value / complex EPC Contracts
• Experience in Claims mitigation measures and claim settlement
• In depth Knowledge / Experience in dealing with different modes of remuneration such as LSTK, Re-measurable, Work Unit Rates, Reimbursable etc
• Very good knowledge of English; Arabic is an advantage.
• Computer literate; ICDL certificate
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of around $10 billion. We provide performance driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in. NA
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Industry Type :
Construction / Civil Engineering
Functional Area :