Contract Engineer (JO012931) Doha, Qatar
Our client, one of the major downstream company in Qatar, is urgently looking for a Contract Engineer willing to work under the following conditions:
Terms & Condition:
Work Location: Doha, Qatar
Contract Duration: Direct Hire
Status: Single/Family, Resident
Work Schedule: 5 days/Week, 8 hours/day
Mob and Demob Ticket: Provided
Living Allowance : Allowance Provided
Transportation: To be managed by candidate
The role will involve commercial contract management, support to the senior management team in the overall procurement process
• Degree holder
Knowledge & Experience:
• Sound knowledge of contractual Terms & Conditions and Commercial Contract Law;
• Experience in coordinating a contracts team on multiple projects across multiple locations.
• Must have a minimum of 7 years of experience in oil & gas industry plus a minimum of 5 years experience in contracts development and management in the oil and gas industry including developing contracting strategies, execution of contract up to close-out / post award contract management and preparation for procurement of Long Lead Items.
• Negotiation, Communication, Managing Interface, Planning & Organizing, Computer (MS Office, MS Project)
Purpose of Job:
• Prepare contractual and commercial aspects of any Project tenders, in consultation with the user departments. Prepare and compile tender/contract documentation, with Legal and Finance groups to ensure viability, legality, interpretation and ease of administration.
• Develop the bidders list(s), including any pre-qualification exercises and evaluations required.
• Perform tender administration activities, including preparing tender clarifications, tender bulletins, and conducting pre-tender meetings.
• Coordinate the technical and unpriced commercial evaluation of tenders and conduct the subsequent priced commercial evaluation of technically acceptable tenders. Prepare the techno-commercial evaluation report and recommendations.
• Prepare contracts related to Projects, Technical Services and Operations, as requested by the user departments, ensuring review and approval by the relevant parties.
• Perform all necessary post-award administration in order to manage the implementation of the contracts.
• Review, advise and negotiate revised terms, variation order requests, change orders, claims, etc.
• Coordinate the final close-out of completed contract(s) by ensuring proper resolution of all outstanding issues and/or disputes with contractors.
• Prepare all Project Steering Committee and Tender Committee submissions to ensure fulfilment of the terms of reference.
• Assist in the tender process, reviewing all T&Cs to ensure compliance with all Company and legislative requirements.
• Ensure full understanding of contract upon award, briefing operational departments on contract terms.
• Place contracts that maximise value, minimise risk and enhance the Company's commercial, legal and corporate integrity.
• Interface professionally with internal departments, including Sales and Marketing, Operations and Finance, as well as external clients, in bid and contract clarification and negotiation.
• Assist with the invoicing/billing processes, ensuring compliance with contractual obligations and identifying areas of work out-with contractual obligations.
• Liaise, advising, participate and work closely with senior management in the daily operations of the business.
• Maintain the contracts database, ensuring that key dates / milestones are captured and implemented.
• Draft, revise and implement additional contractual documentation where required, including non-disclosure agreements, confidentiality agreements, bidding agreements, memoranda of understanding, agency agreements and joint venture agreements.
• Advise various departments on terms and conditions to be given to clients, and accepted from third parties (such as vendors and subcontractors).
• Assist operational departments / finance to ensure that invoicing/Billing is efficiently managed in line with expectations of the Contract, ensuring accuracy of detail and minimizing client rejection.
Industry Type :
Construction / Civil Engineering
Functional Area :
Contract Management / Estimation / Tendering / Quantity Surveying