• Responsible for all assigned pre-award contract administration functions. Provide supervision, procurement training and technical guidance to contract administrators in contract preparation, formulation, bid evaluation, negotiation and award of contracts for construction, operation & maintenance, consulting studies, engineering and design as well purchase orders for consulting services, equipment and minor construction.
• Responsible for protecting the client s interests in all contractual matters and insuring client s policies and procedures are complied with as well as insuring legal and contractual compliance in all contractual matters.
• Provide training, mentoring and technical guidance to contract administrators in preparation of pre-award bid documents, verification of accuracy of bid packages and participates in the pre-award evaluation/negotiation process.
• Review work of other contract administrators for correctness and policy and procedural compliance.
• Plan contract activities, including pre-award schedules.
• Recommend new and revised policies and procedures.
• Participate in training of procurement personnel.
• Advise appropriate Manager on contractual matters and be the principal advisor at the Project level about the strategy for, and the conduct and recording of contract pre-award negotiations.
• Assist in presentations to senior management.
• Perform all pre-award contract administration duties as required and fully participate in the bid, evaluation and negotiation process, including functional role as bid evaluation team lead and negotiation team leader.
• Perform other duties as assigned by the director, supply management and manager, contracting section.
• Assist the Contracts manager in the administering responsibilities associated with the Contract Administration.
• Formation and administration of construction / technical services related contracts.
• Assist the Contracts Manager with the pre-qualification of sub-contractors, vendors and suppliers, etc.
• Assist the Contracts Manager to establish procedures for the evaluation and management of change orders and contractor claims. Review contractor proposals and negotiate & formalize contract variations.
• Participate in meetings associated with contract related issues.
• Manage the contract administration activities and provide interpretations of the contract clauses and conditions.
• Assist in project close-out activities associated with cost and contractual issues.
• Prepare as necessary a summary of each assigned contract establishing and maintaining information essential to the administration /management programme.
• Contract Changes/Claims: commercial evaluation, analyse and negotiate proposals. Change requests, prepare change notices, Change orders / Amendment and Claim logs.
• Insurance and Guarantee: Monitoring adherence to contract(s) provisions, maintain expiration schedule and monitor renewal.
• Invoices: Review for conformance to the contract conditions.
• Final Inspection and acceptances: Prepare certificates for acceptance / close out and maintain the log.
• Ensure that all technical, commercial and legal provisions of contract(s) consistent are compiled by all parties.