Responsible for contract management/administration activities for all assigned contract actions supported by the Contracts Department in the Middle East Office located in Kuwait. Manages one or more major multi-million dollar contracts. Serves as the primary point of contact for all contractual communications with the customer, DCMAO, DCAA audit, and Corporate Contracts and/or Legal Department. Is responsible for all oral and written representations regarding assigned contract matters.
MAJOR JOB ACTIVITIES:
1. Provides day-to-day oversight and supervision of the preparation, execution, interpretation, and administration of contracts consistent with contract terms and conditions, Federal laws and regulations, and corporate policies and procedures.
2. Manages contract modifications, proposals, and negotiations. May serve as the lead company representative in contract negotiations. Negotiates cost and contract terms with the customer. Insures that negotiations are successfully concluded.
3. Ensures that proposal plans and approaches of the Technical/Management and Cost Volumes of proposals meet the contractual requirements of the RFP, Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) and Cost Accounting Standards (CAS).
4. Coordinates with the Contract Manager responsible for field proposal submittals or Middle East Contracts Operations Director to define cost formats, formulations and summaries; coordinates in developing management review presentations; coordinates final management approval; and validates proposals for submission.
5. Reviews terms and conditions of all contracts to insure compliance with all contractual and regulatory requirements, and for financial viability. Resolves contract interpretation disputes with customers.
6. Advises and assists senior management on matter pertinent to the rights, prerogatives, and obligations as they apply to both the prime and subcontracts as well as business management.
7. Provides advice and assistance to other departments on contract terms, interpretation, and application of solutions to problems and procedures such as those involving overtime.
8. Assists the Middle East Contract Operations Director with the negotiation and finalization of Teaming Agreements and Non-Disclosure Agreements, and prepares responses to FOIA requests, as required.
MATERIAL & EQUIPMENT DIRECTLY USED:
Personal computer, Microsoft Windows and Office, printer, communications devices, and other general office equipment, to include networked printers, and scanners/OCRs.
Work is generally conducted in an office environment. However, duties may occasionally involve working outside with a potential exposure to extreme temperatures. Employee use of personal protective equipment (PPE) is required for some situations. PPE includes but is not limited to head, foot, torso, respiratory, vision, and hearing protective devices. Must comply with all Fire and Safety Regulations and post policies.
Work may require heavy lifting up, stooping, climbing, prolonged standing, prolonged sitting, and working with or in areas where a potential could exist for exposure to physical, chemical or biological agents.