The role of the Event Operations Back of the House (OPB) department is to manage activities across the event delivery of Expo 2020. OPB includes the following service areas: (1) Cleaning & Waste Management, (2) Logistics, (3) Site Management, (4) Landlord Asset Handover.
The purpose of the Warehousing Coordinator is to assist the Warehousing work stream within the Event Operations Logistics Function, to ensure that material and equipment for Expo 2020 and all key stakeholders are captured on all relevant inventory management system, stored, as well as collecting and processing delivery documentation items (where necessary) according to relevant standards and procedures necessary for event operations.
The main responsibilities of this role will include:
- Assist and liaise with the other Logistics workstreams (i.e. Customs & Freight Forwarding, Material Management, Distribution, Venue Logistics, Programme Management) with their Warehousing requirements to support an efficient and economical end-to-end Logistics operation;
- Assist, liaise, support and work collaboratively with the Expo 2020 Official Logistics Partner in relation to the Warehousing elements of the Logistics Services Agreement;
- Support in the short-term and long-term goals and objectives for the Warehousing work stream;
- Update and improve Expo 2020 Warehousing processes, policies and procedures;
- Support and assist Expo 2020 and stakeholder compliance with Federal and Emirates customs authorities as well as Dubai Trade procedures;
- Support the research and engagement around the development of Warehousing procedures that can apply to Expo 2020;
- Support the development of a framework and initiatives for the Warehousing legacy;
- Ensure continual and up to date adherence to policies and procedures and frameworks;
- Support the monitoring, tracking and reporting of warehousing for Expo 2020 Logistics, and any non- Business as Usual Expo 2020 related warehousing and storage conducted by the Official Logistics Partner;
- Provide timely (i.e. daily, weekly and cumulative) reporting schedules;
- Participate in the development of a workforce plan for the Warehousing work stream to ensure the availability of required resources;
- Liaise and support the other Logistics work streams.