You're the brains behind our work.
You re ready to bring your knowledge from the classroom to the boardroom, and Citi wants to help you get there. Whether it s honing your skills or building your network, we know that success can t come without growth. Our programs equip you with the knowledge and training you need to play a valuable role on your team, and establish a long-term career here. At Citi, we value internal mobility, and career growth is not a question of if, but when. Citi s Institutional Clients Group (ICG) is looking for Summer Analysts to join the Corporate Banking team in Manama, Bahrain.
Corporate Bankers are relationship-focused finance professionals responsible for understanding the wide range of complex financial issues facing our clients around the world. As a Corporate Banker, you will drive the client dialogue on capital structure, liability management, liquidity and funding strategies, risk management, and investment solutions. Unique to Citi, Corporate Bankers are also responsible for deciding where to invest the firm s capital and executing on those investments. Corporate Bankers work in partnership with various Citi teams across the firm including Risk Management, Investment Banking, and the Capital Markets Origination. If none of these terms make sense right now, that s ok! As a Corporate Banking Analyst, you will join a training program in London, where you will receive an education on a variety of these topics to learn the fundamentals of the Analyst role and introduce you to Citi s culture. So whatever your degree is in we will give you the training you need to excel.
Your time here will look something like this...
* Conduct accounting and financial statement analysis, cash flow modeling, and capital markets analysis
* Complete fundamental risk and credit analysis
* Liaise with product partners
* Assist in the presentation and development of new ideas to clients
* Structure deals
We provide you with the knowledge and skills you need to succeed.
We re committed to teaching you the ropes. The 10 week summer analyst program starts in mid-June and begins with one-week of training in London after which you will be placed with a Corporate Banking team in your hiring country to work with for the duration of the program. Successful summer analysts may be considered for a full time position after graduation.
We want to hear from you if...
* You are in your penultimate or final year at university
* You have a UK 2:1, a GPA of 3.3/4.0 or equivalent in any degree discipline
* Have an Interest in business and banking
* You are fluent in English and Arabic
* You are available to start your internship on 17 June
* Bahraini nationals are strongly encouraged to apply
Who we think will be a great fit...
A dedication to learning and a true passion for the business are vital. As industries all over the globe continue to restructure and grow, we are hiring professionals who have a global perspective on the future of banking, and want to make an impact on the corporate level. We value diversity and so do you.
We will also be looking for the following:
* Commitment to personal growth and career development, a strong desire to learn, and success in team environments
* Knowledge of the global or domestic business landscape is a plus, but not required
* Strong communication, planning, and organizational skills
* Desire to develop a deep understanding of the financial industry
* Unquestioned commitment to integrity ethical decision-making
We will recruit on rolling basis, and therefore encourage you to apply promptly. We will start progressing applicants before the deadline closes.
Successful candidates will be offered a competitive salary.
Before you apply have you visited our ' Career Inspiration Page'? Head over to learn more about life at Citi, ask a question or get handy tips from the previous Q&A
Citi is an Equal Opportunities Employer