We Pioneer - Amazon is a leader in global e-commerce.
We are looking for a talented public sector lawyer based out of Dubai, supporting Amazon Web Services (AWS), as well as other Amazon businesses selling to public sector customers. Although this position will support public sector customers in the Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA) region, the primary focus will be on supporting public sector customers in the Middle East.
AWS is at the forefront of the 'cloud' computing industry providing IT infrastructure services such as on-demand compute capacity, storage, content delivery, database services, browsers, and more to private and public sector customers.
You will be responsible for reviewing, negotiating, and drafting a wide range of technology contracts and subcontracts with public and private sector customers in the EMEA region, with a focus on the Middle East, including licensing agreements, teaming agreements, reseller agreements, and responses to requests for proposals and tender responses.
He or she will also support compliance with U.S. and international government contracting laws, rules, and regulations, and will create and train employees on company policies related to government contracting.
He or she will work directly with the business, providing day-to-day advice for senior executives and other business members on government contracting issues, resolving issues that arise in existing relationships, and handling pre-litigation legal disputes and inquiries.
The successful candidate will be proactive, entrepreneurial, enjoy working hard and being challenge, have strong written and oral communication skills, demonstrate sound, pragmatic judgment in ambiguous situations, and have a healthy sense of humor.
This position will be based in Dubai. Some international travel will be required.
Desired Candidate Profile
· Bachelor of Arts degree (B.A.) or Bachelor of Science degree (B.S.C) or Bachelor of Law Degree (LLB) from a reputable university or equivalent.
· Admitted to practice law in EU, the US, or equivalent.
· 5+ years of public sector focused transactional legal experience.
· Previous work experience in a law firm or in-house at a technology company is required.
· Knowledge of local and national government procurement processes and contracting laws, rules, and regulations in the Middle East.
· Experience engaging with government contracting officials, system integrator's, prime contractors, subcontractors, and resellers in the Middle East.
· Perfect command of English, written and spoken.