1. Corporate Safety and Security Specialist (S2), is a mid-level position with Frontier Services Group's (FSG) Safety and Security (SAFSEC) team and is the first step up from the entry level position of S1.
2. An S2 has two primary functions:
a. To support the SAFSEC department, at a global or regional level with internal safety and security requirements, particularly related to areas such as journey management and incident response.
b. To support FSG regional offices with commercial projects related to security, particularly with regards to physical security, including but, not limited to, man-guarding supervision and protective services.
Responsibilities (functions and duties)
3. Dependent on the location of employment, the S2 is responsible for some or all of the following during the course of his employment.
a. Internal SAFSEC support:
1) Support and supervise FSG's journey management requirements as a member of either the Global Command Information Centre (CIC) or an FSG Regional Operations Centre (ROC).
2) Execute global SAFSEC policy, standards, guidelines and procedures to ensure ongoing maintenance of security.
3) Partake in and supervise physical protection services, including, but not limited to; asset protection, workplace violence prevention, access control, video surveillance and more.
4) Maintain good communications with the Global and regional SAFSEC teams, other corporate departments and client personnel.
5) Maintain a detailed knowledge of site orders, incident response planning, emergency action planning and crisis management planning.
6) Document and report incidents to include security breaches and make recommendations for improvement.
7) Provide weekly reports to line manager as required.
b. Commercial SAFSEC support:
1) Supervise entry level SAFSEC team members and assist project managers (PM) to ensure appropriate safety and security support to SAFSEC programs and projects.
2) Support projects through the active supervision of security guards on site, ensuring they are fulfilling duties in accordance with contractual requirements and FSG standards.
3) Provide weekly reports to PM as required.
4) In addition, personnel will be expected to develop, through training, skills in various safety and security related areas, to include but not limited to; physical and information security operations, close protection operations, operations center management, site surveys and reviews.
4. An S2 is required to have a minimum of either:
a. 2-3 years' experience within FSG as an S1.
b. 2-3 years' experience in a safety and security related field, i.e., corporate security, military, police, etc.
a. High/secondary school graduate.
b. Graduate of FSG's International Security Specialist Program (ISSP) Modules 1-2.
c. Membership of the American Society for Industrial Security (ASIS).
a. Medical first aid qualification such as Basic Life Support (BLS) or Advanced Life Support (ALS).
b. Project management qualification such as PRINCE2 or Association for Project Management (APM) project management qualification (PMQ).
c. Generalist security qualification such as: Certified Protection Professional (CPP), Physical Security Professional (PSP), or Certified Security Management Professional (CSMP).
Specialist knowledge required
7. An S2 will have a working knowledge of at least two of the following languages: English, Mandarin, Cantonese, Arabic, French, Spanish, Portuguese, Swahili, or other indigenous languages of Africa or Asia.
8. Fluency or working knowledge of other languages is an advantage.
9. Must have basic IT skills and demonstrate ability to use software such as Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
10. Must be a minimum of 21 years of age.
11. Must be able to obtain and maintain security clearance. This generally means that the candidate must not have a criminal record.
12. Must be able to pass the FSG basic physical fitness assessment.
13. Willingness to deploy to high threat and frontier environments where shift work is required. Candidates may express preference to deploy to specific projects or countries for which the terms and conditions of employment will be appropriate.