At CrowdStrike we re on a mission - to stop breaches. Our groundbreaking technology, services delivery, and intelligence gathering together with our innovations in machine learning and behavioral-based detection, allow our customers to not only defend themselves, but do so in a future-proof manner. We ve earned numerous honors and top rankings for our technology, organization and people clearly confirming our industry leadership and our special culture driving it. We also offer flexible work arrangements to help our people manage their personal and professional lives in a way that works for them. So if you re ready to work on unrivaled technology where your desire to be part of a collaborative team is met with a laser-focused mission to stop breaches and protect people globally, let s talk.
About the Role:
The Sales Engineer position will be responsible for managing our products and services technical sales support. You must be extremely results driven, customer focused, technologically savvy, and innovative at building internal relationships and external partnerships to attack the market with passion!
The right candidate will possess excellent energy and drive and a real desire to build business across a portfolio of accounts. They will have the ability to build effective relationships quickly and to find valuable business within each account immediately that can then be enhanced by leveraging internal resources.
• Collaborate with our Inside sales teams and partners with high-touch pre-sales technical activity.
• Technically qualify opportunities and POV (Proof of Value) evaluation with end-user accounts and partners.
• Create Security Assessment Reports for end-users post-POV evaluation.
• Help drive end-user acceptance and buy-in for POV conversion to revenue.
• Help train distributors and partners to allow them to deploy successful POVs and assist them with Security Assessment Reports.
• Train distributor/partner SEs and Sales staff in region.
• Liaison between partner/customers and corporate headquarters for technical issues and their requirements.
• In conjunction with sales teams, to achieve and aim to exceed assigned quarterly revenue targets.
• Monitor, assess and report on a continual basis, the competitive situation and market development in the region.
• Help any marketing activities as proper in region.
Experience Skills and Qualifications:
• Telephone Sales experience generating net new business.
• Proven experience selling a complex multi-product architecture to organizations, selling into Experience working in an IT security business
• You must have pre sales experience and excellent technical knowledge within networking and/or security
• Familiarity with various hacking and exploitation tools and methodologies, common malware families, and Anti-Virus / IDS / IPS evasion techniques.
• Excellent knowledge and experience with a wide variety of IT technologies and security solutions. Day-to-day operations and interactions will involve the following focus areas:
• Network Engineering - the OSI model, IPv4/6, Routing, Switching, DNS, VLANs and Subnetting, Taps, Load Balancers, SNORT, YARA
• Network Security - Firewalls, IDS / IPS, HTTP/SSL Proxies, SSL Interceptors, SIEM Products
• Email Flow - Exchange / Domino, Cloud Solutions, AV and Anti-SPAM products
• SOC Operations IT Process Automation / Orchestration
• Intel Knowledge and experience with Threat Intel
• Troubleshooting skills and experience
• Able to create excellent relationships with your customers and internally across internal teams - Systems Engineering, Marketing, Professional Services etc
• Exemplary communication and interpersonal skills
• Competitive nature, but also a collaborative team player.
• Strong presentation skills, both in person and via virtual channels.
• Customer Service background a plus.
• Security and/or SaaS Sales experience a plus.
• Persistent Doesn t stop at no . Believes they can overcome.
• Coachable - Seeks help; knows how to get help, when to ask for it and what situations call for it.
• Charismatic - knows how to use it.
• Sharp/Quick Witted - thinks on their feet. Flexibility to handle a curveball.
• Creative Can think outside the box (when appropriate).
• Motivated - to learn, to succeed, to win, to grow.
• Aptitude - Able to learn and implement new concepts quickly.
• Confidence with absence of Ego.
• Self-Disciplined - Proven to be good at time management, organization, and demonstrate discipline in their process and everyday business.
• Self-aware Has a solid understanding of their strengths and weaknesses and what they need to work on.
Benefits of Working at CrowdStrike:
• Market leader in compensation and equity awards
• Competitive vacation policy
• Comprehensive health benefits
• Paid paternity and maternity leave, including adoption
• Flexible work environment
• Wellness programs
• Stocked fridges, coffee, soda, and lots of treats
We are committed to building an inclusive culture of belonging that not only embraces the diversity of our people but also reflects the diversity of the communities in which we work and the customers we serve. We know that the happiest and highest performing teams include people with diverse perspectives and ways of solving problems so we strive to attract and retain talent from all backgrounds and create workplaces where everyone feels empowered to bring their full, authentic selves to work.
CrowdStrike is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.