A Desalination company based in Abu Dhabi is looking for an experience Cost Estimator for Desalination Contractor.
• Assess cost effectiveness of products, projects or services, tracking actual costs relative to bids as the project develops.
• Confer with engineers, architects, owners, contractors and subcontractors on changes and adjustments to cost estimates.
• Prepare estimates for use in selecting vendors or subcontractors.
• Predict the expense of future projects or products by analyzing monetary costs and other factors.
• Help companies make sound buying and hiring decisions.
• Perform onsite investigations before, during, and after project.
• Compile a list of parts and decides whether it is more cost efficient to manufacture or to purchase the parts.
• Calculate standard labor hour s necessary to produce units or to complete project.
Key Duties includes:
• Benchmark against historical performance, industry norms and established KPIs.
• Develop Estimate Plan detailing how the estimate will be developed.
• Provide input data for and participate in bench-marking activities.
Key Accountabilities are:
• To operate within the guidelines of company policy and their standards within the Estimating Procedures.
• To produce all tender packages for pricing purposes.
• To understand and interpret the engineering requirements, including quality, delivery, specifications, price and ensure that these requirements are understood and reflected throughout the procurement cycle.
• To liaise with the engineering team to build product parts lists.
• To liaise with local Purchasing Manager to effectively update/maintain locally agreed discounts within the Estimation system.
Your skills :
• Must understand general contracting codes and regulations and be familiar with all phases of contract development, award, administration, contract templates, contracts policy, legal risk and liability.
• MS Office processing and spreadsheet software along with project management programs.
• Self-motivated and able to manage multiple assignments.
• Good interpersonal and relationship building skills.
• Fluent in spoken and written in Arabic and English.
• Engineering Degree and/or Certification as a Cost Estimator or equivalent experience
• Minimum 5 years industry experience including lead estimator positions.
• Good understanding of all phases of the project delivery process.
Only qualified applicants fill the form below.