Reports Directly To: Regional Director
Works Directly With: HQ-based Program Operations, Finance and Technical Support Unit, Country Directors of Jordan, Lebanon and Iraq.
Knowledge and Experience
• MA/S or equivalent in social science, management, and international development preferred.
• 10-12 years of field experience in international relief and development programs with demonstrable success in managing complex emergency response and it s transfer into early recovery or development.
• Prior experience in setting country level strategy with annual implementation plans and resource managing towards the strategy.
• Excellent writing skills and experience with proposal development processes with prior experience with USAID, DFID, UN, EU, GAC and other bilateral funding agencies.
• Great communication skills and prior experience in building, managing and leading a team of professionals
• History of working effectively and respectfully with host country government, private sector, INGO and NGO partners in complex environments.
• Prior experience working and managing a program in a high security alert area, with demonstrated knowledge and skills to manage the security in conflict and post-conflict situations.
• Previous work experience in Middle East and demonstrated ability to work comfortably, and sensitively, in the environment required.
• Proven skills in financial management are necessary;
• English proficiency required; Arabic language skills preferred.