COUNTRY MANAGER, Qatar
What s your next career move? This could be it
We are passionate about supporting our people to grow and develop. Is it time for you think about your next career move?
We get excited when we see our people take on new opportunities within the business and continue to reimagine their journey with us.
We work on some of the most challenging and complex projects around the world and this could be your next opportunity.
• Accountable for the delivery of all projects from within the country. This includes the timeliness, quality, risk management, project financial performance and scope management of the projects, in line with the Aurecon methodology.
• Accountable for the delivery of allocated components of a projects managed by another service unit in Aurecon. This includes the timeliness, quality, risk management and financial performance of the allocated Phase or task of the project.
• Responsible for the performance of all subcontractors and contract workers
Winning Work & Client Relationships
• Accountable for the generation of revenue for the country through client relationships, proposals, tenders and bids
• Responsible for client proposals and tenders in conjunction with Business Development
• Responsible for maintaining regular contact & interaction with clients in Qatar and Regional (as appropriate)
• Accountable for the financial performance of Aurecon in Qatar
• Accountable for managing project profitability and financial contribution in Qatar, in accordance with plans and budgets
People Management & Competency Development
• Responsible for leading, managing, developing and motivating employees to ensure a high performing and engaged team
• Responsible for ensuring the ongoing development of careers and competencies within the Qatar team.
• Responsible for ensuring participation and contribution to knowledge management, including sharing of knowledge, resources and work across the region.
• Accountable for the staffing levels in country
• Responsible for harnessing the skills and competencies in the offices, which are able to contribute to the Service Group delivery
• Responsible for maintaining regular contact & interaction with staff in all offices
KEY QUALITIES AND SKILLS:
• Strong project management and leadership skills
• Strong business and financial acumen
• Strong relationship and interpersonal skills - a strong collaborator
• Achievement and action orientated; solutions focussed
• Well-developed leadership, communication, presentation and influencing skills
• Ability to adapt to work effectively across geographic and cultural boundaries to create and promote a collaborative culture
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
• Required: Degree in relevant professional discipline
• Preferred: Post Graduate qualification in relevant professional discipline
• 10 years relevant professional experience
• Proven successful leadership experience in professional services environment
• Proven successful leadership experience in managing risk, quality control and improvement
• Arabic speaking and fluent in written and spoken English
• A Civil Engineer with an existing Grade A MMUP registration
• Existing Qatar Client and Industry networks
What can you bring to the team?
• Firstly, you will share our genuine passion for re-imaging engineering and be someone that actively pursues continuous learning to help shape the future. You will also need a relevant technical qualification and chartered status would be preferable.
• Our Aurecon Attributes describe the types of people we bring together for clients. We don t expect you to have all eight of the attributes, but one that is unique to you.
• Finally, we value that each of our team members brings something different to Aurecon. We look for people who have had a broad range of experiences throughout their career and can demonstrate how they have worked as part of a team to bring ideas to life. Does that sound like you?
Want to know more?
• If you are intrigued or excited by what you have read, then we want to hear from you. Apply now