COUNTRY MANAGER – QATAR (Ref: CMQ01)
Looking out for a person with a degree in management and with Proven Track record in Sales of Deformed bars / Structural Steel within the GCC market & having managed fairly large Deformed bar / Structural Steel sales team will be key with min 7 years experience in the steel industry in Qatar.
• As a Country Manager you will be responsible for the management of all the Group’s activities within a country. The candidate will be solely responsible for the Profit and Loss of the area.
• Agreeing annual budgets and producing a detailed annual business operating plan. A key part of the role will be to produce business performance reports, which could be on a monthly or quarterly basis. Also, the receivable management strategy plan.
• The role is client facing and so daily contact with clients is a big part of a Country Manager’s Job, therefore the ability to communicate effectively is essential. Responsible for administration and management of the overall sales effort for the Deformed Bar / Structural Steel trading division
• Train, develop & motivate team members for succession. Responsible for reviewing, improving and implementing systems and procedures to facilitate efficient sales operations in support of the department's business plan.
• Work with the Management to target low performers and develop action plans with the supervisor to increase productivity. Implement sales initiatives that will increase departmental productivity Identify training issues and concerns to ensure appropriate training, coaching and counselling is provided to the team.
• Identifying problems and recommending action plans to improve and attain departmental objectives. Keeping the Management aware of administrative and procedural matters within the department. Gather information regarding competitive products and pricing within the market place.
• Ensure regular visits by self & the team to customers/ prospective customers so as to maintain & nurture existing relationships / develop new relationships. Partner with the Management and HR to set clear objectives and measure the outcome for the team members. Additional responsibilities/duties as & when needed.